blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi!

i have my default music view currently set up the following way:

genre - albumartist - albums (sorted by year asc) - tracks (asc)

this works very well for most of my music, but not for soundtracks or compilations, which i would like to sort alphabetical-wise (and not by year) on the album level. additionally i would like to skip the albumartist level if genre = soundtrack or compilation.

is it currently possible to define such a sorting?

thanks and greetings,

blubserl

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi!

i have my default music view currently set up the following way:

genre - albumartist - albums (sorted by year asc) - tracks (asc)

this works very well for most of my music, but not for soundtracks or compilations, which i would like to sort alphabetical-wise (and not by year) on the album level. additionally i would like to skip the albumartist level if genre = soundtrack or compilation.

is it currently possible to define such a sorting?

thanks and greetings,

blubserl
    This is not possible exactly as you have described but a similar thing can be achieved.

One way is to apply a filter (restriction) so you can have one view for normal music and another for soundtracks/compilations. This is the only way to have different sorts as you will have two separate views

The other thing is something new that will be coming in 1.2; the option to skip levels with only a single value. Assuming your soundtrack and compilation albums all have the same albumartist then ticking this option would mean it would jump straight from genre to album where only one value exists (this would be the same for all genres though)

I would like to add this level of flexibility to MP at some point to do exactly what you want but if this happens it won't be for a long time (1.3 at the earliest)

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: different sorting per genre

thanks for your answer jameson_uk :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom