Digital Devices: cascaded CAM support (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi everyone

Digital Devices contacted us a couple of weeks ago with a couple of issues that they hoped that we could look into. One of the issues was that TV Server does not support cascaded CAMs - linking a tuner with more than one CAM. I have added support for this feature but nobody in the team has access to a setup that would allow us to test the feature, so we need your help!

If you have multiple CI slots (or the new dual CI slot :)) and multiple CAMs which you could use to test this feature then please try the attached DLL:

1. Stop TV Server.
    2. Take a backup of the existing TVLibrary.dll.
    3. Download and extract the existing TVLibrary.dll into your TV Server install folder.
    4. Link both your CAMs to one of your tuners in the DD configuration software.
    5. Start TV Server.
    6. Try to view an encrypted channel from your first subscription that must be decrypted by your first CAM.
    7. Try to view an encrypted channel from your second subscription that must be decrypted by your second CAM.
    8. Post your TV Server logs and let us know if it works!

Note: this DLL will only work with MP 1.2.1.

Best regards,
    mm

Attachments

• TVLibrary[1.2.1].zip
      159.2 KB

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Digital Devices: cascaded CAM support

Sorry, can´t help on this (have only one Cine CT v6 with one CAM) but i´m very interested on the other issues from DD...
    Can you tell us some Details? :)

Thanks!

(Because i have some Problems with my Cine CT v6 and the new Driver does not solve them...)

best regards
    Brudertac

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Digital Devices: cascaded CAM support

Hi Brudertac

Can you tell us some Details? :)
    There was only one other issue, and it was that they want us to try and auto-detect that the Cine CT is a hybrid. We've looked into that and we're not able to do it automatically. It would require a configuration file listing all hybrid tuner models.

(Because i have some Problems with my Cine CT v6 and the new Driver does not solve them...)
    Have you started a thread with logs somewhere? This is off-topic here so start a thread if you haven't already done so, and PM me with the link.

mm

HTPC_2010

Portal Pro
    June 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hallo!

War derjenige, welcher sich an DD gewendet hatte ... Tests auf anhieb erfolgreich :)

ORF und HD02 ... geht perfekt ...

folgendes ist mir aufgefallen:

Das CI bzw die einstellungen fürs CI sollte nicht der TV Karte zugeordnet sein ... zum einstellen geht nur ein CI.

Probleme gibts dann wenn man bei EPG grappen die einstellung "grapping while timeshift" aktiviert hat ... eigendlich ne logische schlussfolgerung.

ansonsten geht dies jetzt perfekt!!!!:D

PS: Problem wenn der stream von ORF1 läuft und man direkt umschaltet auf SAT1 ... dann gehts nicht.
    Wenn man den timeshift buffer löscht und den sender wechselt ... dann gehts ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hallo HTPC_2010

I'm sorry but I don't understand German. :(
    Google translate gives me the impression that it partially (or mostly???) works, but there are some minor issues. Could somebody be so kind as to translate to English for me so I can understand completely.

:D
    mm

sukceso

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2008
    Herrenberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

please see the translated text below.
    Also, do you have a patch file on top of MP 1.2.1 so that I can build it myself as well?

Translation:
    ORF und HD02 ... working perfectly ...

What I noticed:
    CI and the CI settings should not be associated with the TV card ... (I don't understand the last part, so I cannot translate)

There is a problem when EPG setting "grapping while timeshift" is set ... a logical conclusion. Otherwise it's perfect now.

PS: Problem when the stream from PRF1 is running and the channel is switched to SAT1 ... this does not work.
    When deleting the timeshift buffer and then change the channel, it works.

HTPC_2010

Portal Pro
    June 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello i try it to say in english :)

1. Try:

tv-card is not busy -> goto RTL2 HD -> works fine
    stop timeshift
    tv-card is not busy -> goto ORF -> works fine

2. Try:
    tv-card is not busy -> goto RTL2 HD -> works fine
    switch direct to the next channel ORF
    problem with timeshift file

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Digital Devices: cascaded CAM support

Thanks HTPC_2010! Please post full tvserver logfiles, so that we can see what's happen.

And also, can you please explain a bit more in detail what you mean with:
    "Das CI bzw die einstellungen fürs CI sollte nicht der TV Karte zugeordnet sein ... zum einstellen geht nur ein CI."

If there are 2 CI in graph, we are still adressing the first CI with commands (SetService). DD's driver should automatically forward the command to all CI's downward in graph.

HTPC_2010

Portal Pro
    June 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    example:

CI 1: slot with 2 MTD ORF
    CI 2: slot with 4 MTD HD+

config goes only for one CI ... but there are different settings ;)

i thnik it would be betther if the CI are not mapped to the card because the CI are stand alone ones.

and there comes the problem, when i switch directly from ORF (CI 1) to RTL HD (CI 2) there comes a failure message from CI 1 ....

if i stop tv ang go seperatly to one of those senders it works.

i will make the tests and send the logs when im at home.

nice greetings

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    config goes only for one CI ... but there are different settings ;)
    This is true. However the only things that I can think of that would require separate CI/CAM settings in TV Server are:
    1. CAM type.
    2. CI menu.

In the first case, the CAM type is either set to "default" or "Astoncrypt". With a DD card it doesn't matter which setting you choose.
    In the second case you are missing the CI menu. It is complex to make this available for multiple CAMs per tuner, and right now only the DD cards would require this. I can think about it but I make no guarantee...

and there comes the problem, when i switch directly from ORF (CI 1) to RTL HD (CI 2) there comes a failure message from CI 1 ....

if i stop tv ang go seperatly to one of those senders it works.

i will make the tests and send the logs when im at home.
    I will wait and see what the logs say. :D

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom