Digital Devices S2 driver will not uninstall or install (new) - fixed (1 Viewer)

mehenrik

Portal Member
December 19, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Uninstalling driver DigitalDevices-DVB-Driver-1.4.7.60-x64.msi on Vista64 fails. I have stopped MediaPortal TVServer (service). I have run ProgDVB, but do not think that any processes are still running. Any hints? I was planning to install v2.0 - tried but it failed - and now I got second thoughts as many of you seem to have problems with 2.0. I cannot remember whether I tried the install of 2.0 before uninstalling 1.4.7... :)

mehenrik

Portal Member
December 19, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Re: Digital Devices S2 driver will not uninstall or install (new)

CCleaner fixed it - I think...

cage121

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 31, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi. What is your experience with this card? Are you on Canal Digital? Does it descramble for both cards simultaneously? Thanks!

ugg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Where are you getting the drivers, english website would be great. I have a CD that came from the DVB shop to get me running but would like to check whats available for the Cine S2

h..p://digital-devices.de does not help me very much.

Thanks

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    you can get the latest drivers from here:
    TV Karten Digital Devices - Digital Devices Distribution UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
    Scroll a little bit down and there you can download the newest drivers for 32bit (DigitalDevices-DVB-Driver-2.0.0.23-x86.msi
    ) and 64bit (DigitalDevices-DVB-Driver-2.0.0.23-x64.msi).

sorry, i also did not find any English hompage. I think the english side is under construction.

Thomas

mehenrik

Portal Member
    December 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Sorry for the late reply - not sure whether I did get a mail notification...

Progress is slow, having problems finding enough time to set up and "debug". I probably wasted a lot of time by changing parameters too quickly and not stopping all relevant processes (Notepad2 seemed to write to config files, while it really did not succeed).

Currently, I am able to watch both free and scrambled channels, but the client is very unstable, especially when switching channels. I have only connected one cable, ie. only using one tuner, so that one cable is still available in the living room for our current tuner. I am using a generic card reader (with a valid subscription card, of course, and not sharing) and not a specialized CI/CAM because I read about issues with the DD CI. If the support for DD CI improves and it can provide a stable platform, I may move. I have seen that morpheus_XX has done a great job in providing such a solution, but several people apparently still experience issues. I have not tuned in enough FTA channels to do a good test without descrambling, and I did not easily find HD channels that are FTA. My dish is fixed to 0.8 W, and I am not going to adjust it for HD FTA tests...

I am using MediaPortal 1.1.2 and DigitalDevices-DVB-Driver-2.0.0.23-x64 on Vista 64. The client crash log is (every time):
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: MediaPortal.exe
    Application Version: 1.1.2.0
    Application Timestamp: 4cea457f
    Fault Module Name: ffmpegmt.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 49d10075
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0005fd2c
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1044

I have not tried to find out which ffmpeg version/installation it is using, though I have cleaned up my set of codecs somewhat. If someone had compiled the 1.2.0 Beta, I would appreciate a copy to try out. The 1.2.0 Alpha was not a success.

cage121

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 31, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, thanks for the update. I'm reading your updates on this. Very interested in this card, if it can view and descramble simultaneously. What card reader are you using, and driver/software?

cry_wolf

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm using a Mystique S2 with i think is DD S2 rebranded. Works ok. Not using CI/CAM though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom