Dinovo Mini question (1 Viewer)

woddog

Portal Pro
November 28, 2007
Townsville, QLD
Home Country
Hi,

I have the Logitech Dinovo mini keyboard and it is great except for a couple of well-documented problems.

I also have another problem. I can't get the system to power on using the power button, but it will power down.
Does anyone know if this is possible or is it a device limitation. Look at "my System" to see me specs.
I have trawled through the bios to make sure that the usb keyboard is enabled but to know avail.

Thanks in advance

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
I know that with my USB IR receiver I can turn on my PC with the remote. There is usually a setting in the bios that is called something like "+5 volt" that enables power to the usb ports even when the PC is off or in suspend. That needs to be enabled. Also sometimes there is a jumper on the motherboard that needs to be changed to enable this. Check you mobo manual. This is probably the issue. If it still does not work I would assume it was a limitation of the bluetooth adapter.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi,

I have the Logitech Dinovo mini keyboard and it is great except for a couple of well-documented problems.

Are you referring to the issue where the keyboard loses connection and the only way to get it back is by removing the battery? If so, you just need to contact Logitech and they will send you an example of the new, updated version where this issue is fixed.

I Contacted them, send a copy of my reciept and got told that I could either get my money back or wait for them to fix the issue. They were expecting to have it fixed within 6 months or so at the time. After around 2-3 months I got an email saying that my new DiNovo Mini had been shipped and a couple of days later I recieved it. Only problem was it was a different localized version (it was from austria, I needed a scandinavian one). So I replied to their email, saying I got a wrong kind. An apology from Logitech in an email and a week or so later I got the correct keyboard which has been working without issues ever since.

I still have all 3 keyboards, since Logitech never asked to have the faulty ones sent back :D

pmcguire

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
I still have all 3 keyboards, since Logitech never asked to have the faulty ones sent back :D

Now this is strange, I had a faulty logitech keyboard and to get it replaced they required 2 photos, one of it complete and one of it smashed to hell. :rolleyes:

Wonderm00n

Portal Pro
September 12, 2007
Seixal, "a margem certa"
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
I know that with my USB IR receiver I can turn on my PC with the remote. There is usually a setting in the bios that is called something like "+5 volt" that enables power to the usb ports even when the PC is off or in suspend. That needs to be enabled. Also sometimes there is a jumper on the motherboard that needs to be changed to enable this. Check you mobo manual. This is probably the issue. If it still does not work I would assume it was a limitation of the bluetooth adapter.

My IR Receiver also does that because the power from the Power Supply goes first to the Receiver on the case and then to the Mobo... So the receiver is always ON even if the computer is OFF and can simulate that the power button was pressed.

I'm not sure this can be achieved with an USB Bluetooth device...

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

Now this is strange, I had a faulty logitech keyboard and to get it replaced they required 2 photos, one of it complete and one of it smashed to hell. :rolleyes:

Was this a DiNovo Mini? Because they had a known problem where they lost the bluetooth connection. THis was very well-documented and Logitech was well aware of it. I think that is the reason for them just sending a new one (after they got a copy of my reciept).

woddog

Portal Pro
November 28, 2007
Townsville, QLD
Home Country
sort of gave up on trying to start the PC with the mini. Gave in and turn the PC on when required. Uninstalled Vista and replaced with XP. Startup times decreased dramatically (gotta wait for the PJ to start anyway, so 45 seconds start time is alright)

The documented problems I had were the bluetooth connection and the down arrow issue. Got an MCE remote (OEM V2) now and just use the mini when a mouse and keyboard is required. (getting less and less needed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom