Direct Rating Access & Tray Tools Suggestion/Request (1 Viewer)

m.standish

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Wakefield
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Having used MP sine 1.2 religiously and even living through its EARLY!! unstableness n crashed part recordings lol. Im stunned by how rock solid and functional its become and BIG CONGRATS to the release of 2.3! and to all the Devs on what must be 1000`s of hours of testing. You all deserve a drink. Hope ya never sell out n keep it in the public to extend it even more!

There are a couple of things that I would really like to see happen to MP to improve its funtioanlity and to allow me to run one SINGLE Media software as ive found over the years you need a few pieces of sw to create the media correctly, tweak n tune it then finally import it into MP Database to play it, once there it dosent change much. This has been worked on on most parts but it seems the music side has always been a little.... lifeless? and resulted in me shying away from MP preferring WMP11 as an audio player which I do not want to do as I love MP. and if MP wont do it then frankly I WANT IT TO DO!!

My Ideas are such...

1. I would like to run MP as my audio player BUT while using windows day to day. Would someone be able to set mp to run minimised to the taskbar and have access to basic music (or any media) contols like FF/RW , Next/Prev Track, Play, Pause & poss Vol. (Similar to WMP minimised tray access would be perfect) as i ise it mainly for htpc however when im working im finding myself using WMP for audio due to the ease of direct buttons (and the second issue), which kind of dissapoints me as i am a hardcore MP user :eek:(

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALREADY BEEN DONE, MP ALREADY THOUGHT OF IT!!, Press 1-5 alters it!! VVVVVVVVVVVVV

2. Would it be possible to make the rate a track more user friendly. When im listening to music trying to rate it i have to go through loads of manus and find it so much of a chore ive stopped doing it! and resorted to WMP as im trying to work through about 30,000 tracks (albeit slowly)
Ideally id like it so when you go into "now playing" it shows the rating (as it already does) BUT is changeable at this particular point SIMPLY!!! (ie one click, not +/-) or possibly a +/- at the ands of the rating but also being able to directly select a star by clicking directly (mouse)
eg (In Now Playing)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^^^^
selectable

Maybe the +/- Buttons are faded/hidden until selected (for cleanness?)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SOTRED^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

3. As I mentioned I am working through a MASSIVE Library. And have been using WMP.
I have a lot of tracks already rated im wmp and would like to know if it is possible to merge the WMP11 database into the MP one so it picks up all my ratings? Maybe a tool to import the WMP DB into MP??

If any if these issues have been already raised i appologise and would appreiate any info on where so i can follow that thread

I FULLY Appreciate MP is built as a predominatly full screen HTPC front end before anyone has a go about the minimised function but I would VERY much like to this feature and believe it cannot harm MP`s outreach by having the extra functionality of direct access through windows and the bonus of making it useable as a standalone Media Player useful for people such as my father LOL that appreciate the clean,simple, uncluterd screen and funtions but do not wish to use it as a HTPC.

My ideal scenario would be to run mp in a window, que up a playlist, hit "now playing" and minimise it to tray. Carry on working in windows, sometimes skipping a track from the taskbar, when a good song comes on maximise MP, Click a star to set the rating then minimise again and carry on working.

THE ULTIMATE would be for the minimised task button to scroll media info and to change to direct buttons when you hover on it. and a right click menu on it allowing track rating and possibly other extended funtions? (ID3 editor ect?) But now i know im wishing LOL

Thank you and i look forward to any comments, suggestions

Thank You Mark

AH, Just Found Pressing 1-5 in now playing alters the rating......... Leads me onto, If MP is in now playing but minimised (in the clock area as just a small [mp]) is there any way to send say number 2 to it so i can rate a sont without actually maximising mp???

possible a hotkey or something like pressing ctrl,shift,4 will go into mp and rate it 4 star without it maximising, anyone know how to do something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom