Codecs Direct Show Renderer Kernel streaming - spdif-passtrough (1 Viewer)

Koenjer

Portal Member
July 7, 2009
I'm looking for an directshow renderer that has the option to use kernel streaming.

I have a audiophile usb->spdif decoder "M2tech Hiface" this is superieur to the onboard spdif devices.
This device driver is not willing to play spdif-passtrough via direct-sound drivers.

The kernel streaming drivers do work with spdif-passtrough (tested with DTS wav files)
ASIO drivers also work, ASIO4ALL is using the kernel streaming driver.

Does anyone know a solution so I can use this outstanding SPDIF device for video?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess ASIO is not available for MP at the moment (I think). Streaming could be done with the LAV Splitters.

Just one personal question: what can be better in quality on an SPDIF Device? It transmits the digital information without loss just as all the others...

Koenjer

Portal Member
    July 7, 2009
    Just one personal question: what can be better in quality on an SPDIF Device? It transmits the digital information without loss just as all the others...

By using the asynchronous USB protocol, the USB device does not depend anymore on the timing from the Computer but you have to implement your own clock at the SPDIF generation.

This reduces jitter dramaticly. You will notice a much more easyness and cleaness in the music.
    If you have some high quality Hifi components the difference will be day and night.

Coming back to LAV, in mediaportal you have to select a directsound device that will put out the audio. And that is not what I want. I want to select a KS (kernel streaming) audio device. The only renderer that I have seen that has this option is Reclock. The problem there is that the spdif passthrough does not work on the KS output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom