Directshow - issues, compatibility, and a memory leak (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    mr.duck,

Attached is a modified 'DVBSub2.ax' with a mod which will hopefully fix problem 1) (gobbling up all available ram). Also included is the modified source file, for information.

It's untested, so use at your own risk.....

Problem 3) is because TsReader.ax expects to interact with the MP app - if it can't then some things won't work properly (but as Tourettes states - it's only designed to be used with MP....)

Why not just use MP to play the .ts files ? - that's what it's designed for :)

Tony

Attachments

• DVBSub2_withCacheLimit4Mod.zip
      32.6 KB

mr.duck

Portal Member
    December 31, 2008
    I've had a rotten cold this last week. Time to get back to it...

Attached is a modified 'DVBSub2.ax' with a mod which will hopefully fix problem 1) (gobbling up all available ram). Also included is the modified source file, for information.
    Thanks for that. It sort of works. It does start using up the RAM and gets bigger and bigger, but it is no where near as bad as before. After 1hr, the media player was at 175MB (before it could be at ~2GB by then). But I would expect it to stay below 50MB.

Why not just use MP to play the .ts files ?
    If MP was a portable app, then maybe. I just need a media player to open files from a file manager. MP doesn't really fit the bill, plus there are issues just getting past the installer.

I still cannot compile the filters at the moment. I am getting fatal errors, atlcomcli.h, afx.h are missing. I have done most of the steps that tourettes posted. I've missed out step 4a, b. I don't know what that means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom