DirectTV SHEF IP Control Plugin for TVServer (2 Viewers)

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am considering moving to this in place of using IRSS and a command line to accomplish the same thing. My capture cards are numbered 2, 3, 4, and 5. Your reviaion refers to receivers 1 - 4. How do I tie them to the correct capture devices?

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    I am considering moving to this in place of using IRSS and a command line to accomplish the same thing. My capture cards are numbered 2, 3, 4, and 5. Your reviaion refers to receivers 1 - 4. How do I tie them to the correct capture devices?

I wondered about this too. Looked at the source code and I think there needs to be a change to be able to map card Id's to the correct IP address for each STB. Presently the code assumes only card Ids 1-4... I think this is correct (have not spent a lot of time looking at the code). I'll be adding more capture devices (HDPVRs) soon, if needed I can make source code changes and post an updated plugin here. Maybe someone else has looked at the code more closely (and recently ;-)

renfrja

March 4, 2010
    Home Country
    I haven't looked at this in a while - I was experimenting with MP but ultimately ended up going another direction.
    However, if I remember correctly, I chose to do the hard code approach because I didn't want to invest the time in determining the receivers on the fly (although I'm sure it's possible). I coded in 4 receiver slots as it was enough for me. The quickest solution would be to just add some additional slots (just copy and paste what is already there and change the numbers).
    But, I agree, determining what cards are installed and dynamically displaying the available cards for configuration would definitely be the slicker way of doing it...

Chris

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    Version 1.1 of the DirecTV SHEF plugin

I have enhanced this DirecTV SHEF plugin to allow for mapping the receiver ip address to a specified MediaPortal card id. The plugin allows for up to 4 receivers to be mapped.

Each receiver setup takes three pieces of information:

• Description - (optional) a convenient description for the DirecTV receiver (e.g., model number, etc.)
    • Card Id - the card id that MediaPortal has assigned for this receiver
    • IP Address - the IP address assigned to the receiver

The mapping between the card id and the receiver is determined by your hardware connections.

For each receiver setup there is a Test button that allows for validation of communication with the receiver. The test does not validate card id mapping; only that the TV server can communicate with the DirecTV receiver.

The release dll is in the attached zip at DirecTV_SHEF\src\bin\Release\DirecTV_SHEF.dll

Let me know how it works for you..

Thanks,

Attachments

• dtv shef plugin.png
      dtv shef plugin.png
      30.4 KB
    • DirecTV_SHEF 1.1.zip
      1.2 MB

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    Version 1.2 of the DirecTV SHEF plugin

Enhancements:
    • Optionally allow the plugin to turn on and off your DirecTV receiver for timeshifting (watching live tv) and recording. For example; when you start timeshifting the receiver will turn on and tune to the desired channel. When you stop timeshifting the receiver will turn off. The option is a global setting and applies to all receivers.

Attachments

• dtv.png
      dtv.png
      28.9 KB
    • rcvr.png
      rcvr.png
      26 KB
    • DirecTV_SHEF 1.2.zip
      1.2 MB

meinoc

December 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Issue with installing this plug-in. I’ve read both the wiki and supplied document plus the forum but cannot seem to get this working.

Running MP 1.2.2.0 on a windows7 64bit unit.

I download and copied the single file DirecTV_SHEF.dll (I have tried multiple version from here and Directv) to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\ folder.

FYI - In that same folder I have other subfolders including \ExternalPlayer, \process, \subtitle & \windows.

I reboot the PC and when I run MediaPortal Configuration, the plug-in is not there under any of the sections. I would expect the SHEF setup application would be here to allow me to configure the IP for each of my DVR devices. This is also true regardless if MPTray is running or not.

I also do not find it under Setup submenu from within MP.

Do I need to move the SHEF.ddl file to a specific folder other than where I installed it? Seems like I should move more than just that one file.

Do you see SHEF it in the MP Config application in your running version and if not, then where?

Was there any additional steps you did to get it working?

Thanks

marirs

Portal Member
    April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Yikes, I thought this thread was dead. I just got a email that there had been a reply to this thread today... maybe something wrong with the forum software for missing everything in-between?

Thanks to ajp8164 for updating this :)

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    It belongs in the "Mediaportal tv server\ plugins" directory

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    The file belongs in the "c:\program files (x86)\team mediaportal\mediaportal tv server\plugins directory"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom