DirecTV receivers, serial, and A/V inputs (1 Viewer)

MrWolfinWV

March 20, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a server with a PVR-150 and a PVR-500, which means I have a total of three A/V inputs. I currently use BeyondTV with three DirecTV receivers connected via serial cables (and it all works) and I wanted to check out MP. Will it work with this configuration? I only see the ability to scan for channels on the tuners--I do not see a place to specify the A/V inputs, such as composite or s-video.

Can this be done with MP TV-Server?

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
I'm running TV3 with a PVR-500 and 2 DirecTV receivers connected via s-video. Works great. I'm not sure if TV3 has support for dual STBs with serial tuning, I wrote my own plugin a few months back that handles it. I can send it to you if necessary.

MrWolfinWV

March 20, 2007
Home Country
I'm not one to normally need step by step instructions, but I can't figure it out. MP is nothing like configuring the other PVR software I've worked with...something isn''t clicking with me on this one.

StaticMan

Portal Pro
May 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Guys,

Is there a trick to getting both S-Video in working on the PVR-500 in TV3?
I use the Zap2it plugin to grab EPG data (and it adds channels). The channels are mapped to both "cards". I can record and watch TV great on the first S-Video in, but if I'm recording and then try to watch something else (switch to 2nd S-Video in) I just get a black screen and no audio. All my channels are setup to "SvhsInput1".
I'm using the IR Server Suite to change channels on my IRDs and it works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom