[Music] Disable Annoying Messages? (1 Viewer)

Scandermore

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello!

I've been dealing with music player, and I find very annoying that when there is a file in the playlist that doesn't exist any more (you have erased/renamed it), the player shows a message, and stops playing.

I find that it is innecessary and would be better to skip the song directly. I think that the music player should be as "automatic" as possible, because many times you are not in front of the TV, or even with the TV on.

I have modified and recompiled my code, in the "g_player.cs" file, function "UnableToPlay", to not to show the message unless there's a video codec, but I don't know if this should be an option, or what. This should be decided by the MP team.

Overall... MP rocks, and I'm discovering more and more things each day! If I had more programming capabilites, I'd help more! Congratulations for the good work!

aLeX

weissollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2007
    Franken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe there is a way to remove ALL messageboxes.

What about replacing it with a pop up within MP wich will disappears after 4 seconds.

Scandermore

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I think this would be a great solution! All the "press OK" messages should be only popups.

At the moment, I don't know how to program popups in MediaPortal, but if any developer "hears" us, it would be a great improvement.

Thank you!

aLeX

Scandermore

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I have submitted a patch to show the codec error only for 1 second, and then disappear. I have not checked the other possible messages that could stop the music player, so if anyone finds a similar problem, tell it so I will try to make another patch

aLeX

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom