Disable overlay visualisations (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Beazle Wide V6.12
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP3

Is there a way to disable visualizations in the overlay preview video windows?
    I tried editing MyMusicplaylist.xml etc and removing the video preview control, but visualisation overlay still manages to sneak its way back in.

i also tried removing video preview window control from musicoverlay.xml that didn't help either

I would like to load visualisations only when i click fullscreen toggle when playing music.
    In all other situations i would rather visualasations werent loaded at all
    album art or blank window displayed in the video preview window would be acceptable.

Anyone know how to do this?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The only way I found is to turn off overlays (allowoverlay no) and import your own overlay. But that has it's own problems because Radio actually uses a videooverlay! I believe that is to show visualizations. That is also likely why there is a videopreview window in MusicOverlay - to show visualizations when music is playing.

It's easy to do a basic import overlay, like StreamedMP and other skins use. Just use a condition on whether or not #Play.Current.Album has text since only Music has Albums. However, this will not work well for Radio since some stations stream the station name as Album and some don't. So those that don't will give you a videowindow which sometimes flashes!

I believe this is also why Player.hasaudio and Player.has video conditions do not do anything. All media are both because Visualizations are video.

I posted a bug report https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bugreports-74/media-overlay-bugs-68630/
    You can always add your support, it might help!

I have it working exactly the way you want in the new (not released yet) version of aMPed. But attached is the code I used to import overlays.

Attachments

• common.mediaoverlay.xml
      30.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom