[Usability] Disable windows autoplay (1 Viewer)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I believe there should be a feature to either permanently or temporarily disable Windows auto-play feature whilst running Media Portal.

In the same way we can disable media center from popping up when the green button is pressed, by default Windows will load Windows Media player when a CD or DVD is inserted or will load a menu when you insert a flash drive. Not the sort of thing you want whilst your inside media portal.

Therefore I propose we add a button to the 3rd party section of the configuration tool to disable windows auto-play, if not permanently then at least whilst Media Portal is running. I know you can just untick a box in windows, but you could argue the same for disabling media center.

GetWell

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I used a lot of time yesterday finding out how to disable this. Every time I started a video media player came up :-(
    I nice disable checkbox somewhere in the config would be great.

This also made troubles when importing videos to the video database when it was mounting.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I used a lot of time yesterday finding out how to disable this. Every time I started a video media player came up :-(

This also made troubles when importing videos to the video database when it was mounting.

Exactly. All it needs is just a check box.

Any Devs agree?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Exactly. All it needs is just a check box.

Any Devs agree?

Sure, it would require additional code as well. Not just the check box.

Disabling Autoplay on Win XP SP2 - Configuration-Customize - Windows-XP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom