Disabling IR Remote iniMon / Antec Fusion Black (1 Viewer)

PeteMy

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sorry if this has been covered before, but is there a way to diable the IR receiver either directly on an Antec Fusion Remote case, or in the iMon software?

The reason is that I've been playing with the iMon software, setting up an MCE IR remote control, but it really is very limited. It relies on generating pseudo-keystrokes, then using something like Shortcutter, in MediaPortal, to interpret them. MediaPortal has a much more comprehensive feature for MCE remotes, but I can only use that with an external IR Receiver (which came with the remote).

The problem is that if I have iMon running, it picks up the IR signals, as does the external IR receiver. This just complicates things. I want to use the mini-display, so I can't turn off iMon. I could open the case and stick a bit of tape over the sensor, but it's a bit crude! I'll use that as a last resort. I know the volume knob will no longer work, but I can live with that.

So what I want to end up with is the mini-display showing system info only, a MCE remote, with external receiver and MP, with the MCE remote feature enabled. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Pete,

If you find out an easy method, let me know. I have had a small piece of black insulation tape covering the IR sensor to the right of the display for poss 18 months now. In fact, I can't really see it and it does solve the problem you have. I was getting a double pulse - one from iMon and one from the MCE receiver; navigation was a nightmare :eek:

I just need to get the minidisplay back up and running again. :rolleyes:

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom