Diseqc (or 22kh) with Twinhan (DTV Digital Satellite CI TV Card) (1 Viewer)

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi, I'm looking to buy a twinhan card with a CI. But I need it to support 2 LNBs. I've been searching the forums but have not been able to find a definite answer as to whether twinhan cards will supprot diseqc lnb switching. And what is 22khz? and how does that work? and will the twinhan cards support that?
This is the card I'm looking at: http://digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/twinhan_satci.html
It seems really hard to find (in New Zealand!) ANY card with a CI and it looks like I'll have to get this card in from Aus. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure I know this card will work before I fork out the $200 for it!

Cheers,
Rhys
Auckland, Lil'old New Zealand

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a twinhan card with a CI. But I need it to support 2 LNBs. I've been searching the forums but have not been able to find a definite answer as to whether twinhan cards will supprot diseqc lnb switching.
    Look here and you'll see that it does.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/TV-Engine_0.3/tvcards

and what is 22khz? and how does that work? and will the twinhan cards support
    that?
    22khz is used to switch between low and hi bands

and will the twinhan cards support that?
    yes they do

Frodo

M4TH

Portal Member
    January 19, 2007
    Montréal, Qc
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've a Twinhan (102g) with a 22khz to switch 2 LNB (Diseqc didn't work for me)
    Mediaportal didn't work that well (because of a hardcoded LNBswitch setting) I was only able to see one sat.
    Now TV server support custom LNB setting and I'm able to see (switch) the 2 sat

My advice is to search forums for information on your card and Diseqc support, try MyTheater forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom