Dish Network HD Setup inc hardware (1 Viewer)

bigbooda

March 30, 2009
Home Country
I have been reading this forum for a few days now and I am loving my mediaportal setup, but I want to hook up my dishnetwork to it. I am wondering what the best card would be as I would still like the have my HD video from Dish. I know that I will need a IR blaster to change channels and that I still need to have my Dish box connected. Any help with this would be great.

Thanks
:confused:

CCob

Portal Pro
November 10, 2008
I am not all that familiar with Dish network in particular but since you are talking about purchasing hardware, have you thought about getting DVB-S capture cards and attaching the satellite cable directly instead of going through your STB?

Getting HD from your STB will be more of a challenge since you would require a HD capture card of some sort.

bigbooda

March 30, 2009
Home Country
I've never heard of a DVB-S capture card so I will have to look into it more. The only issue I have is that I'm in Bermuda and we don't have any OTA HD so I depend on my DishNetwork to get it. Thanks for the help :)

I have also looked at this HD PVR Product overview not too sure how it will work tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom