Disk Space - My TV / Timeshift (1 Viewer)

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: 0.1.1.1 + cvs-05-01-2005--18-56
Skin: Blue Two

Synopsis: Enter the details of your problem here
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I thought I had a bug in My TV. But it turns out that it was because I had run out of disk space on the partition I use for recording TV. However there was no warning, not even in the log files. The whole of MP just locked up, the TV screen went black and there was no indication of the problem.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I tried to record the other day and I kept doing record in the TV Guide. It was refusing to add it to the scheduled programs and the record circle wasnt appearing in the guide. It was out of disk space but it wasnt telling me anything. Would be good for it to popup when you have future recordings set and say your low on disk space.

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2005
    London, UK
    I guess the problem is this may not be classified a bug in 0.1.1.1, and therefore not fixed in 0.1.2.0 (since the features list is now frozen). If this is the case, can a Mantis entry be made so that this is addressed in the following release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

(y) Oh, for sure! Please don't get me wrong. I really appreciate you reporting it. (y) On this occasion I think the log entry being an error is a bit misleading (sorry). As long there's nothing else going on in connection with it I think we can safely leave it. The main reason I'm not going further and trying to eliminate or...
    (y) Oh, for sure! Please don't get me wrong. I really appreciate you reporting it. (y) On this occasion I think the log entry...
    Updated from MP1.12 to MP1.16 over the weekend. No major install problems, just usual grumpiness getting new install working. On...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry, I forgot I was using UNC paths in MP client for recording and time shifting and hadn't altered the MP client to access the RAM Disk. My bad.
    Sorry, I forgot I was using UNC paths in MP client for recording and time shifting and hadn't altered the MP client to access the...
    MP/TV Server 1.12.0 Windows 7 SP1 32-bit 8GB RAM I've set up Gavotte's RRamdisk using 4GB RAM, with UsePAE enabled to utilize the...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks Kari, Your solution solved my SD problems. When only YLE has free-to-air HD channels, the tuner becomes useless since YLE's content is available online. (GS 8400 graphics card still works!)
    Thanks Kari, Your solution solved my SD problems. When only YLE has free-to-air HD channels, the tuner becomes useless since...
    MP2 on owner build PC. Nvidia GeForce 210 driver version 341.95 1gb 8gb ram Windows 10 64bit Samsung TV running at 60hz and 1080p...
    Replies
    Views
    It's much simpler than that: a single virtual machine with two OS (dual-boot), one being Windows 7 and the other Linux (Mythbuntu). I recently saw a new post in this thread with a package including InterVideo's software encoder (among others) so I guess I'll give it a try (I tried MainConcept's, ATI's and Cyberlink's but I had...
    It's much simpler than that: a single virtual machine with two OS (dual-boot), one being Windows 7 and the other Linux (Mythbuntu)...
    System Type:TV-Server only MP-Version:1.5.0 Windows Version:Windows 7 SP1 (x86) CPU:Virtual: QEMU Virtual CPU 1.1.2 (2 x 3.1 GHz)...
    Replies
    Views
    The report back from the client machine is.... Live TV doing the same...
    The report back from the client machine is.... Live TV doing the same...
    Hi again I seldom watch live TV on MP, just the recordings, but my missus has reported the TV just stopping regularly. So today I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom