display and album art problem with mymusic/audioscrobbler (1 Viewer)

dihoff

Portal Pro
October 29, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
hi,

i've had a lot of success with my htpc + mediaportal + streamedmp combo, and have been able to trawl through the forums/web for most things, but i just can't seem to get mymusic + audioscrobbler just right...

firstly, what is the correct view to use in mymusic once you have used audioscrobbler to download the artist/album images? the images don't seem to be automatically popping up - if i play a track in an album, then the image appears for the album (in now playing view), but this often has a very slight delay making me think it might actually be downloading it afresh from the web...

i read in another thread that a 'scan' in MP needs to be run which i tried, but this didn't appear to make a difference.

secondly, i ran audioscrobbler over my music directory, and it downloaded MANY images for the artists (probably for 95% of my collection), but very FEW images for the albums (i would say less than 5%). my directory structure is as follows:
artist1\album1\track1
artist\album1\track2
artist1\album2\track1
artist1\album2\track2.
etc.

and the album names/directories are labelled as "Funhouse c2008", "I'm Not Dead c2006", ... as examples.

any suggestions on these would be appreciated! the music section is really the last area i want to make look gooood.

btw, happy to provide a log for part 2, if someone can point me to where i can find it :)

cheers,

dh.

MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP 0.9601
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate 64 Bit, latest SP/Patches.
CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X2 240
HDD: 1TB Western Digital WD10EADS
Memory: Kingston KVR800D2N5 2GB x 2
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785GPM-UD2H
Video Card: Integrated.
Sound Card: Integrated.
Sound Card AC3: Integrated.
TV Card: Hauppauge HVR2200
HTPC Case: Lian Li PC-C37
Power Supply: Corsair CX400W

dihoff

Portal Pro
October 29, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
any thoughts guys? a manual has been mentioned in other posts for audioscrobbler, but i can't seem to locate that one...

really, i just want to get the my music section looking better than the default, and i believe this to be possible with audioscrobbler + the correct view in my music.

cheers,

dh.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If the thumbs are present but not instantly available you might have forgotten to scan your music share(s) from configuration.exe

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    thanks for the reply rtv.

i think you're referring to the option in MP config: music -> music database -> "update database from selected shares"?

i've run that option, and i can see there are some thumbnails appearing, but only for particular views - the view i like is the "shares" view - since this allows me to see all of my music... the thumbnails do appear for the "artists" view, however, i find this view quite time consuming, since you have to choose a letter, go back, choose a letter, etc.

so, as per earlier question - what is the recommended view to use when you've got the thumbs in place? or have i still not got something right in the config/dbase?

also, any advice for how to get the album art to successfully download? i have standard naming for all of my albums...

cheers,

dh.

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi all,

i've got a few screenshots together to illustrate where i'm coming from...

1. the shares listing - which has no thumbs, despite thumbs having been downloaded for 95% of the artists.

2. the artist listing (for the letter "c" as example) - this view does show some thumbs, however, this view is not preferred, since it shows all artists, even those from compilation albums, etc, which makes it very hard to find tracks.

3. an individual track listing where an album cover has been downloaded, but no album cover thumb is shown.

4. the 'now playing' view which does show the thumb. why isn't this shown in the previous view/s?

am i just not using the correct view/s, or do i need to do some additional config/download?

please help.

thanks,

dh.

Attachments

• music-1-shares listing.jpg
      music-1-shares listing.jpg
      111.3 KB
    • music-2-artist listing c.jpg
      music-2-artist listing c.jpg
      125.1 KB
    • music-3-track listing.jpg
      music-3-track listing.jpg