Display TV from external invocation (1 Viewer)

TVWatcher

Portal Pro
January 9, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be displayed in that application. This does not happen with MP2. If I try to open a .ts file (or any other video file type associated with Media Portal) rather than displaying the recording it merely opens MP2 at the home screen.
As well as not being the expected standard behaviour this means I have to open .ts files with Films & TV which I don't like as much as the Media Portal player.
Windows 10, MP2.4, WMC skin.
(We have recorded 98 episodes of Midsomer Murders, some of which are not shown in the list of Recorded TV and they were not broadcast in Series/Episode order. We also need to check that we haven't already watched a particular episode. I've written an appication that lists episodes and shows the series/episode (taken from the .xml file) and also the ones we've watched (taken from a text file where we've listed them). The one we want is then launched from the application so it would be nice if this could use Media Portal to display it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom