divx's look better in VLC instread if MP?? (1 Viewer)

salam0506

March 24, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hi everyone,

I have been using MP a little while now and tried the whole upscaling with ffdshow - which seemed to use way too much CPU power and I watch a lot of downloaded HD stuff which ffdshow upscaled as well and in the process scrambled up the picture etc.
I stopped using ffdshow in MP and just play the HD stuff normally which looks AMAZING but the DIVX stuff looks kind of grainy with horizontal lines whereas in VLC it looks normal.
I am using Vista and have a fair few codec installed - do I need to anything in MP to activate them or anything I can do to make it look better? I dont wanna do too much drastic upscaling because it uses so much cpu power and i download lots of HD stuff anyways which doesnt require it. I have separate folders for HD and DIVX stuff if that helps...

any advice would be much appreciated.

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
Well, i don't have any experience on upscaling nor ffdshow because i use the powerdvd codec. But the reason is obvious relied to your codec configuration since VLC uses it's own integrated codec, so i guess the movies you watch in VLC aren't upscaled afterall....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom