DLNA server plugin? (1 Viewer)

benze

Portal Member
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

I read a few posts from people claiming having heard of a plugin for MP1 that attempts to provide dlna functionality to MP, but I can't seem to find anything searching through the plugin list. Does anyone know of any plugin that I would be able to use to leverage my MP install as a dlna server as well?

Thanks!

Eric

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i believe it would require certification and a whole lot of money.. so nope.. not going to happen.

skandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    You pay to be certified as a DLNA compliant device/software, meaning that you are allowed use of the DLNA logo, make your stuff as DLNA compliant etc.

THE STANDARD IN ITSELF IS FREE and the specs can be downloaded from UPnP Specifications » UPnP Forum .

Then you just label the resulting software as having "upnp support" or "PS3 support", instead of saying that it is "DLNA compliant".

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There are some MP1 upnp server plugins but the last posts in the threads are dated 1999, and they wont work with latest version of mediaportal.
    There is an active MP1 plugin that turns MP1 into a uPNP/DLNA player.
    MP2 uPNP server support is included in MP2, and there are plugins for this being actively developed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom