DNTV PCI-E S3 - 'No capture card found' error (1 Viewer)

jwp_online

September 26, 2007
TV-Server Version: N/A
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue 2
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Intel 4300 1.8MHz
HDD: Seagate 1TB
Memory: 1Gb DDR2
Motherboard: Asus P5B
Video Card: nVIDIA 7300 GT
Video Card Driver: 9.1.3.1
Sound Card: On board
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Leadtek DVT1000
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.0.112.3218
2. TV Card: DNTV Live! Dual Hybrid PCI-E S3
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver: 1.42.8.626
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Generic
Cooling:
Power Supply: Generic
Remote: Harmony 525
TV: Lowe
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

I have just purchased a DNTV Live! Dual Hybrid PCI-E S3 digital tuner card and installed on my Media Center PC which is running MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 on Windows XP SP2. My system also has the dual tuner ‘dvbfix’ patch installed.

I installed drivers for this card and all seems ok in the Device Manager with the following two entries appearing under ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers’ section.
- DVB-T PE315-2D
- Media Control Devices

However when I run Setup, MediaPortal cannot see the new video card and responds with the ‘No video capture card(s) found’ error.

In the same setup I have a Leadtek DVT1000 digital card which has worked perfectly from the day I installed it. As both cards used BDA drivers I though the problem was a driver conflict so I uninstalled the Leadtek drivers and card, however, it made no difference.

I know the Dual Hybrid PCI-E S3 works because the native application that came with the card, ‘Hyper Media Center’, works fine with all local area stations tuning in ok. I also tried a fresh install of 0.2.3.0, however, the result was still the same.

I next checked my ‘CaptureCardDefinitions.xml’ file and confirmed there was an entry for a Dual Hybrid PCI card (see below).

- <capturecard commercialname="DNTV Live! Dual Hybrid PCI-Express Tuner 1" capturename="7162 BDA Digital Capture DVBT0"

The only reason I can think of why MediaPortal is not able to detect the card is that it just been released and is the latest version of the series (S3). Other MediaPortal users have documented that the S2 version works great in MediaPortal elsewhere in this forum.

Any advice on how to get this card work in 0.2.3.0 would be greatly appreciated.

jwp_online

fromaron

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
The easiest way out of the problem will be to use RC2 or RC3 installation with TV server. TV server will detect the card without any problems.
The reason your installation failed is that the card detection will rely on the cards definition file entries. If you still intend to use 0.2.3 version you will have to edit the file to match your card drivers. I don't remember where exactly it is located, you will have to do searching for old posts with detailed explanations on how to do it. Try searching with "CardsDefinitions" or "moniker" or maybe "Cannot Create Graph" posts.
Alternatively, open your card driver details in the windows system and look for the driver moniker. Usually problems you have related to the driver slight change (could be revesion) from the one you find in the CardsDefinitions file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom