Does MP web site support restartable downloads? (2 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered static 4G wifi router that uses the mobile phone signal. The landline was mostly reliable. The mobile link provides what I need (I don't stream much video from the internet), but one area where it has been noticeably worse is that downloads will often fail part-way through.

In the last few days I have downloaded several builds of the next MP release (each download around 215MB), and they have all failed first time, and some have failed on subsequent attempts too :( . So I have been reading about download tools that can restart an interrupted download, and download only the part that is missing. It seems that in order for a restartable downloader to work, the server needs to support this capability, and not all do.

So the question is: does the MP web site support restartable downloads? If it does not, can this capability be added?

If the MP web site does support restartable downloads, does anyone have any recommendations for a restartable downloader that works with Firefox? Thank you.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom