Does your Aeon crash - possible skin engine limitation (1 Viewer)

kirky

Portal Member
April 30, 2006
Townsville, Oz
Home Country
Hi Folks

I've been having MP hang every 2nd day or so, usually coming out of standby. Was driving me nuts trying to sort it out. Just found this thread yesterday -
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...chome-screen-streamedmp-rc4-50221/index3.html

I can now reproduce the hang by following rtv's steps from that thread. Basically enter into the MP3 (or moving pictures, or any plugin with thumbs) and exit back to the basichome 5 or 6 times and you will get a crash (or in my case a hang as MP is set to "remain on top").

Seems to be an issue with the way Aeon (and StreamMP) handle focus, and not sure if it is fixable with current skinning engine.

I've switched to Indigo and everything appears to be working as it should now.

just thought I'd post this in case anyone else was experiencing the same prob and hadn't seen the other thread. Also interested to hear if any of you AREN'T having this issue...

cheers
kirky

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yep, entering and exiting a few times crashes my MP too. But I usually don't do that kind of behaviour so..

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I installed StreamedMP for the first time last night and while testing all the plugins I also noticed the issue happened to me a couple of times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom