Doesn't wake from Standby anymore (1 Viewer)

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Don't know if i'm in the right forum, if not, please move, tnx!

I've reinstalled Windows 7 since about four months. I've never had problems with standby and resuming from standby, but since the reinstall i have.

I use a Asrock Vision 3D 137B which has a Nuveoton CIR receiver build in. I've installed the drivers provided by Asrock and installed the latest (also on the asrock site but from a newer model). Both drivers work just fine with the remote, i can do everything. I can put the device to sleep and can resume it.

But, when the device is asleep for more than 30 mins it breaks. I cannot resume it (unless i press the physical button). After this the wake up just doens't work anymore. When i uninstall and reinstall the drivers (doesn't matter if i install the old or new) it works again, but just for the first couple times. When the system is in sleep for 30 mins again it breaks at exactly the same way.
    The only thing what breaks is the waking up. When i manually wake up the system by pressing the phsyical button, the remote works as normal.

So few facts:

- Tried numberous of drivers (both old and new)
    - Remote works (tried with two different remotes)
    - Remote buttons work when system is awake
    - Works the first couple times (putting it to sleep with remote and waking it up with remote)
    - After 30 being asleep (give or take) it breaks
    - Previous installation it worked, no problem at all.

No weird eventlog messages.

Don't really know where to look. Does anybody know, or have a pointer of where to look.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you check the "Allow this device to Wakeup the System" in Device Manager for USB Port / CIR? It might be, that the CIR has enough power in its capacitators to recognize a button press for about 30 mins, but later these are empty. If this setting is on, the USB port is still powered when the system is sleeping.

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you check the "Allow this device to Wakeup the System" in Device Manager for USB Port / CIR? It might be, that the CIR has enough power in its capacitators to recognize a button press for about 30 mins, but later these are empty. If this setting is on, the USB port is still powered when the system is sleeping.
    i'll check this tonight, this might explain it, but when the 30 mins have passed the next time it just doens't work anymore. So first time there is a ~ 30 min wait period, but the second time, after the wait it doesn't work anymore... but nevertheless, i'll check this setting.

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Okay, i can't find anything about being able to wake up or letting the device be able to wake up the system. So, if it isn't at the device manager, where could i look for it?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there no energy or powermgmt tab for these devices? Then the drivers seem to be at fault (probably)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom