DolphinBar Lights Off for MyEmulators2 (1 Viewer)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    DolphinBannerWide.png

This is a very special plugin for a small audience.

If you are using MyEmulators2 and the Dolphin Emulator together with the DolphinBar you might find it useful.
    The DolphinBar is a piece of hardware, that simplifies using Wii-Remotes together with the Dolphin Emulator.

See here for a review:

https://de.dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/08/23/dolphinbar-review/

The only disadvantage of the DolphinBar are 2 blue LEDs. One of them permanently blinks when the Wii-Remotes are not connected. While watching a movie in the dark living room this is really annoying as the DolphinBar has to be placed above or below the TV.

Therefore I wrote a small plugin to turn the DolphinBar off as long as it is not used.

When starting MediaPortal, the DolphinBar is turned off. As soon as you enter the MyEmulators2 screen the DolphinBar is turned on. 10 seconds after leaving the MyEmulators2 screen it is turned off again. This value is configurable and prevents from loosing connection between Wii-Remotes and the DolphinBar when incidentally leaving MyEmulators2. As soon as you return to MyEmulators2 within the configured time, the DolphinBar will stay on.

The setup is very simple. Just open the setup dialog and check if the DolpinBar is recognized:

upload_2015-2-28_19-16-37.png

With the rescan button it is possible restart a scan for the DolphinBar, e.g. if it was not attached when opening the setup dialog.

By default the DolpinBar is directly turned off. You can check if this works by clicking the "Test selected device" button.

After clicking the button the DolphinBar should go off and the following dialog will appear:

Message.jpg

After a click on "OK" the the bar should be turned on again.

In my case this worked on one PC, but not on a second one. As a workarround I attached a small external Hub to the PC and pluged the DolpinBar to the Hub. Then I selected the HUB instead of the DolphinBar and when turning off the HUB, the DolphinBar was also off. As small Hubs are starting from 5€ this is still a cheap solution.

Behind the scenes, the plugin uses the Windows Device Console (Devcon.exe) tool from Mircrosoft, a command line utility for device configuration which is part of the Windows Driver Kit (WDK).

See here for more Information on that:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff544707(v=vs.85).aspx

ATTENTION:
    As the Devcon.exe needs admin rights, you have to turn off User Account Control (UAC). If somebody knows a good solution for executing Devcon.exe without UAC, please leave me a note.

Attachments

• DolphinBarLightsOff.mpe1
      84 KB
    • DolphinBarLightsOff_1.11pre.mpe1
      173.9 KB
    • DolphinBarLightsOff_1.11pre2.mpe1
      173.9 KB
    Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Spragleknas,
    this is a plugin for MediaPortal 1, for users of MyEmulators2, so I think this is the right place.
    It is not clear what you mean with "All Windows and iOS desktops", do you mean a different forum section?

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    YMMD :D The question was quite confusing. :confused:
    But now it's clear. Moving this thread into that section makes really sense, just do it.
    I think Mr Rochefort 8 will forgive you blaming him...

Christian Trommer

Portal Member
    April 24, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Marcus, I´d like your small plugin. It works fine for dolphin, but I have 2 issues. The first one is, I´m also using a x-box receiver for N64 Games and other stuff.
    upload_2017-5-20_21-8-44.png
    It would be nice, if that could also be included in the plugin.

The second one is: Did you found a solution to get rid of the annoying UAC popup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom