Completed Dont go TOO cheap (1 Viewer)

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Dont go too cheap. I bought a 200 dollar ex lease slimline + quiet IBM box (cant remember specs) that was too slow to run MP...this only whetted my appetite and inspired further research it was orriginally running musicmatch and winamp.... Worked well but TV screen was impossible to read so I went to Meedio which still worked but wasnt supported anymore. Then I found MediaPortal....so I "had" to spend the 1500 or so NZD putting together a nice box.Now all my mates are jealous, girls think its cool (when it works!) I can stream anything to any screen in the HOUSE all in digital glory with one remote. Download whatever I want to watch ad free... Make sure you get a good sound card with 1v line outs then you can skip any pre-amp crap (saving money) get a good power amp and nice speakers too (well music is my main use) will make the whole experience most satisfying. I went fo a minimalist approach there are NO usable buttons under my telly its all clean and nice looking unnecessary clutter is inattractive and distracting. Only thing I would like is some sort of USB/AC relay that switches the power to my amp on and off via the remote cos its an a class and (I think) uses lots of power and it doesnt really matter if its getting a signal or not....
Got satellite TV (FTA)+tvengine0.3 going the other day easy peasy works well!
Heh I better grab another beer and stop ranting =)
Big ups to the MP team you guys make a not totally stupid guy feel pretty clever!! And gave me a year (so far) of enjoyment! If I could buy yous fellas a drink right now I would...cheers!:D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom