Download links in extension pages difficult to see (1 Viewer)

Ere Maijala

Portal Member
April 25, 2013
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

due to the ads, the real download links are quite difficult to see on the extension pages. It's much easier to see the archived versions than the newest one. I'd suggest moving the download link to the left column, making it textual instead of the image that is easily mistaken as an ad (see the attached image for an example) or something to make the link to latest download more obvious.

--Ere

Attachments

• extensions_download.png
    extensions_download.png
    141.1 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seems you got a lot of adware/malware/something like this installed in your browser!!!! You should check that first!!!
    The original page does not show anything like that, and the real DL button is the last one ;)

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nope Peter, thats automatic Google Ads at it's best.... I'm blocking this useless picture-overkill-stuff daily but from time to time those banners get through.

Also preparing an update for the repo (within roughly 2 weeks) that will be more obvious when it comes to downloads.

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't think it is Google adds doing that hidden trick you. Surely, Team MediaPortal has some control. I have been hit with that mess twice now and I don't appreciate the hours lost trying to dump and clean up that stuff. It is far to easy to go to the download page and mistake the HUGE button for the one needed. I think this is an eye sore to a very good product.

Ere Maijala

Portal Member
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    It's definitely the Google ads showing the nasty download links, but the page layout is contributing to the issue. It's not malware on my system.

--Ere

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It's definitely the Google ads showing the nasty download links, but the page layout is contributing to the issue. It's not malware on my system.

--Ere

Thanks for the reply, maybe the layout can be visited again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom