Drag n Drop artwork not working (1 Viewer)

jamiro

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Home Country
Just moved my system to a windows 8.1 machine. Did a export/import of My Emulators database and everything is working fine in the new setup.

Except for some reason I can no longer drag n drop artwork in the configuration options to add artwork/fanart for games This worked fine in the old system.

Any ideas why this feature would stop working? There are no error messages, just nothing happens when I attempt to drop the artwork in.

I'm using MP 1.5 and My Emulators 03.0.98 on the new system.

Thanks, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think it's caused by the fact that MP Config runs with elevated privileges and windows explorer doesn't, Windows 8 doesn't allow drag n drop in such cases. I've worked around it by adding copy and paste options to the (as yet unreleased) latest version. For now your only option is to manually copy and rename the image files to the correct location.

Right click on one of the image panels in the thumbs tab and select Browse in Explorer, this will open the image folder for that game.
    Copy your images there and rename accordingly, recognised file names are:
    • BoxFront.[png or jpg]
    • BoxBack.[png or jpg]
    • TitleScreenshot.[png or jpg]
    • IngameScreenshot.[png or jpg]
    • Fanart.[png or jpg]

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Cheers,
    I don't mind at all using the manual option you described above until the next version is released :)
    Thanks for me letting me know about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom