DriveBender - Share a licence (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Anyone want to share a Drive Blender license.
    It's HTPC sever dirve pooling software.

It's $22.95 - ie $11.50 for each
    http://www.division-m.com/index.html#drivebender

I'm thinking about using it, would probably try the trial first to check it works well. Anyone want to share a key?
    I'd be using it with snapraid (free), the alternative would be to get flexraid, but it does cost a lot more ($79 for t-raid (8x HDD limit) or $59 for f-raid)

Cheers
    Kiwi

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No Prob :)

No. I have a 4x3TB Drive Setup and use the Duplication Feature for important Files. (Those are Backup´d to another external Drive.)
    I can say that Drive Bender works very well on my Sys. It is fast and absolute stable. Had no Duplication Errors or omething like this until now.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not bad. I was using a Hardware Raid Controller and was happy with it. But i needed more Space for Data and have only Room for 4 Drives. (and the Raid Controller also could only handle 4 Drives)

So i decided to remove the Raid (also less Energy needed :) ) and use Drive Bender for important Data. It is ok for me.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've heard so many sob stories about raid going wrong, I feel safe with having a normal underlying file system so the hdd can be read on it's own if needed.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Good point. Not too worried about performance myself, given it's only an HTPC. Backup battery might solve hardware problems, but I imagine a lot of issues are just user error. Thanks for the offer of a license, I'm gonna install drive bender trial this week and try it out.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My issue with Drivebender is that the balancing sets doesn't seem to allow loading up one drive at a time so the rest sleep until necessary, it effectively will read/write from all drives at once. Drivepool works better in this regard. I'm now shifting to unRAID as my controller (LSI 9211-8i flashed to IT) does not sleep drives in windows at all and with up 12 drives attached, that's a lot of power used unnecessarily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom