Drop down menus - a Pain (1 Viewer)

Bad News

September 20, 2011
Hello there, does anyone else find it a pain that when your mouse goes near the line of items - Home, About Us, Products etc. the drop down menus comes down and stays there, getting in the way of other options.{Covers User CP, Donate etc}
It should be as you move your mouse away from that area, the drop down menu goes away.....:confused:

The only way I can get rid of these drop downs is to `zoom` my mouse up very quickly over and above the offeneding drop down.

A nit-pick I know, but for a site that has so much done right & nicely, a further step towards perfection can`t hurt.:)

Bad News

September 20, 2011
Merlyn - Fab answer!! :)

Hi Merlyn & admin, My browser is I.E. Ver 8.0.6001.18702IC - Running on Wndows XP{SP3} - WGA Legal.

admin

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 1, 2001
    AW: Drop down menus - a Pain

can't see any problems too on a virtual installation with v8.0.6001.18702. Anyone else affected with it?
    Bad News: I guess cleaning your browsers cache didn't help?

Bad News

September 20, 2011
    Hello, thanks for some quick replies. cache=yes, cleared.

New info, does it to on my sister`s laptop running I.E. v8.0.6001.18703 - XP Home{SP2}, she & husband have never touched a thing on it really, still as PC World sold it to them 5/6 yrs ago!!!!

I can do it on this page as I type, select any drop down, say `About Us` under you now have `The Team`-`Press Room` & `Sponcers`.

Now move away from the drop down, say towards the bottom of the screen with pointer. What still there covering other options, in this case `Donate`.

I know diffrent browsers handle things diffrently - but to me, it is not working in a way that always lends itself to easy use of the site.

As I`ve said, funny this, if you move away `up` to the top of the screen quickly with pointer, the drop down closes.....

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hard to find the issue when not able to reproduce... The template is used for several months now and there wasn't any similar complain yet with IE8.

please check the attachment for a quick workaround. I've created a new sub-template that doesn't include the submenue (and so should not cause any overlay). Just select the marked style as the picture shows. The stylechooser can be found at the bottom of any forumpage.

Attachments

• template.png
      template.png
      8.3 KB

Bad News

September 20, 2011
    Hi - Brill & quick answer, you guys are good!!!!! Works this end.

Think I might have a handle on the root cause, my mouse had a driver that handles extra buttons functions. Now If I remover the driver so that just the wheel and top click buttons work, so does your site!!!!

Update: Download new{er} driver - solved. Asked b`in law, they have`nt updated drivers let alone touchpad on laptop since buying it, so will be having go on that tonight.

I owe you a sorry - my bad, should have checked drivers first, but other sites did not for what ever reason show this issue - but driver issue all the same.

By the way 10/10 on 1.2 final, likes my tuner card first time and my Maplins mce remote. Picked up and uses my usb ir dongle first time, channels all ok - brill I can record. Much better than the K-World software the card came with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom