[Finished] dshowhelper for MP 1.6.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've managed to find a video file that triggers the problem, so I think I know why it's happening with some 24 FPS files. (Some 24 fps content seems to have come originally from a 60 Hz video source, so has timestamps that effectively have 3:2 pulldown timing 'jitter' included - aargh!)

Just need to decide what's the best way of fixing it (without loosing the new improvements for other video streams).

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Updated second post with new version - v88 - which has better handling of video with high timestamp jitter (e.g. some 24 Hz video files)

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks better now .... flat lines ;)
    Will test this for some more moments.
    I will keep you up-to-date.

Thx Tony for your awesome work

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi about new implementation on video renderer what you think about allow the 3:2 pull down for cinema material? In few days I'll switch my old Panasonic plasma Pv series to the last one St series. So I'll get the 24p support that I've not so I use since a long time, the MPAR to timestreching on 25 hz refresh rate. Awesome features. With 24p support the play would be fine, the St series have also a 96 hz support and Ifc interpolation system to improve the motion handling. But an alternative, the 3:2 pull down would be great, though I know the cons, because with the Panasonic plasma is well-known that the Ntsc mode is better than the Pal mode, at 50 hz the subfield drive is less optimized, in particular with the older series. It's still present with the St series but also with Gt ones. Blu ray stand alone players and also play station 3 have this features, this kind of choice. Thanks a lot

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom