nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I need some help getting DTS files to play. Currently I have video files that have DTS audio or DTS-HD. My HTPC connects vis HDMI to a Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with 5.1 speakers and then on to a TV via HDMI. The attached image shows the properties of the receiver despite the fact that it lists the TV as the device. Within LAV mt DTS files will play audio if the DTS and DTS-HD are UNCHECKED. If they are checked then no audio from these file types. If the "Use DTS-HD Framing for all DTS Types" is checked then my receiver will flash on it's displap PCM then DTS in an irregular pattern. The output bit format does not make a difference. The convert to Standard channel layout does not make a difference. My audio render is set to M420NV-4 within the codex area.

If the DTS is unchecked then my DTS files will play. All other type of files (ACC, MP3, AC3,etc.) All play.

My DTS files will play through VLC however the receiver does not display DTS just PCM.

I am wondering if my receiver may not decode DTS files? Also included logs just incase.

Thanks

Attachments

• audio setup.JPG
      audio setup.JPG
      153.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

No one has any ideas for how to trouble shoot this?
    It's possible.

Should I have posted somewhere else?
    This doesn't seem to be a MediaPortal problem. I mean, yes you're playing the files/discs through MediaPortal... however MediaPortal isn't responsible for actually decoding the audio. That's left to the splitter and audio codec that you choose.

...so yes, in my opinion this isn't exactly the ideal place to have posted your questions. Personally I would have chosen somewhere else like AVS Forums, and I would have been checking other software and connections too if possible.

I am wondering if my receiver may not decode DTS files?
    Sorry, I can only read the specifications. According to the specifications, your receiver seems to support DTS HD decoding. There's no mention of standard DTS support:
    http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v675_u/

I might have assumed that DTS is supported anyway, but I really have no idea.

Within LAV mt DTS files will play audio if the DTS and DTS-HD are UNCHECKED.
    Have you set the receiver to auto-detect the input format?
    If so, this would indicate that the receiver doesn't understand DTS, because it needs LAV to decode it (ie. options unchecked).

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    My DTS files will play through VLC however the receiver does not display DTS just PCM
    Because VLC decodes them, but not encodes in any 5.1 format, so - only PCM Stereo is transfering over HDMI.

and please - install MediaInfo package and post here the output of it for the file you are trying to play

BTW why have you disabled 32bit and 32bit float for output formats in LAV audio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom