dual audio channel a.k.a. SAP doesn't work (1 Viewer)

maysider

Portal Pro
February 5, 2006
Fingerswinger said:
now most people use more advanced capture cards like the PVR series from hauppauge. but i am sure that all of these cards are able to record both languages because they're able to record normal stereo broadcastings (it's exactly the same system). the tricky part seems to be preventing the driver / capture card / whatever to interfere and switch to one language.

i don't know what the situation is with DVB cards or HDTV tough...

greets,
fingerswinger

yes, this is really desirable...I think, there is no big problem to add this function - just launch in both loudspeakers only Left audio stream or Right audio stream...even in MyVideo plugin of course, because of recordings.

would be great

Kathrin

Portal Member
April 10, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Has that problem been solved yet? I could not find the possibility to change the language.
The rest of the software is fab!

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'd like to add a vote for maysider's suggestion - allow me to select either the left or right channel to be played as Mono through both speakers.

The only thing is, it's video (.rmvb/.mpg) I want to do it with, not TV (I have some Chinese recordings with Cantonese on one channel and Mandarin on the other), so if it happens, please don't restrict it to TV!

Cheers
Andrew

babelfish

Portal Member
August 30, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Any news on this?
I've noticed Eurosport Nordic use this SAP/Dual Chanel thing on Thor/CD, and they use it permanently.
When selecting language it typicaly comes up as swe/den on one line and fin/nor on the next. Selecting one, you get exactly that: two languages.

brunoh

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
As a lot of other features are working very good here, old (and less important) topics like this one are surfacing again

I also have the problem, that the language selection here does not work. The recording with the TVE3 has improved, and all the audio-channels get recorded, but the "pseudo-stereo" with 2 different languages is not detected correctly.

I will upload a recording done via DVB-S. In mediaportal the default-language plays fine. Also there are correctly 2 languages detected, but when I change to the second language english and french are played at the same time.

The recording is available at: http://www.yulara.ch/HD/PsychMaggie Lawson-2007-11-17-16_00.ts

viralburn

Portal Member
June 21, 2005
multichannel (european) sound

out of interest, this feature works rather nicely in videoLan, which means I have to watch any of these type of recordings in videoLan and not mediaportal. Someone (brunoh) mentioned this as being a 'less important' problem, however, for me, this is a big issue as almost all my recordings have this.

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
October 24, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
out of interest, this feature works rather nicely in videoLan, which means I have to watch any of these type of recordings in videoLan and not mediaportal. Someone (brunoh) mentioned this as being a 'less important' problem, however, for me, this is a big issue as almost all my recordings have this.

As i understand this is more problem of audio render or mixing, dont know if it can be controlled within mediaportal.
I find out, that in ffdshow audio mixer can be defined custom mixing matrix, maybe this can solve this request.

This is just my guess, maybe have someone more relevant informations.

P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom