Dual screen support (1 touchscreen as remote control & a (2 Viewers)

P

pepere51

Hi everybody,

Here is my feature request.

I would like to use a touchscreen (MM500) http://www.cartft.com/carpc/catalog/il/477 as a remote control with the MP panel and view videos (TV, DVD, DIVX), pictures and anything else on the TV screen (but not the MP panel)

Is that still possible or is there any planned devs to use 2 screens with different displays ?

Thx

Pepere

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Instead of 2 screen support - How about multiple computer (client/server) support and wifi PPC support like Xlobby has?

hmvink

Portal Member
    January 8, 2005
    Netherlands
    I would really love that

I have a Uneed X15 case with a built in touch screen. It would be great to use the touch screen for navigation and selection. To watch Video or TV I would like to buy a beamer. Is this possible?

Zby

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    @All,
    In my opinion all those requests goes in the same direction :!: What we would need to achieve all that is a server part on MP capable of well known GUI commands and feedback, so that multiple clients and types (PC local on second screen or remote, PPC, Hauppauge MVP, Phone, and ... 3COM Audrey or other WebPads). :idea:

This would be really great to get a graphical command panel, and not having to power up the TV for "complex" commands (not stop, start, pause).

We could maybe use the opensource MVP project (using a light VNC, with an enhanced communication channel) :?:
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6584

Only my 2 €uroCents, Zby-)

PS: Don't forget the possibility to wakeup the PC using wake-on LAN with such a setup :wink:

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    Great: Lying near my wife on the sofa while she is watching any shit like "Verliebt in Berlin". I have the bluetooth or wifi connected touchscreen in my hands to surf on the net on the same PC or scrolling down the EPG to mark shows I want to watch today without throwing here [...] in the preview. If it ended, I simply press the show in the EPG I want to watch now, and MP shows it on the big screen.

waf: 100%
    myaf: 100%

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Another option (beside lying on the sofa with your wife in the family room) is to take your touchscreen or PPC and change zone and listen to Mozart in your den. In other words once we get to a stabilized point and look to the future architecture of MP and work out the system to allow multiple zones.

Zby

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    ... or Stick to the uPNP norm instead ... You will get multiple zone support, remote, on all types of endpoints, much more promizing in my eyes, ... at least... Zby-)

RudyG

Portal Member
    July 24, 2005
    Is there any facility in MP at the moment which allows My Music output to be routed through a different sound card to say My Movies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom