[no Bug] Dual Screens causes LiveTV not to work (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: v1.2RC
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Win7 Ult 64
CPU Type: Athlon II X4 630
HDD: 2TB Samsung F4
Memory: 4GB DDR2 1066Mhz
Motherboard: Biostar TA790GXBE
Video Card: HD6950 2GB
Video Card Driver: 11.7
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC662)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 6.01.6410
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD11
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Scythe 120mm Bottom Intake Fan, Stock CPU HSF
Power Supply: OCZ StealthStream 400W
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

If I run MP on my TV only, LiveTV is fine. If I set CCC to Extend mode however, it is unwatchably jerky. In some tests, when running with my TV as Primary (at 1280x720@60hz) and my CRT monitor as Secondary (at 1280x1024@85hz), it's been OK, but with the monitor as Primary it's not. However, in other tests (including the ones I've just done) switching the TV from Secondary to Primary the problem persists (of course I shut down and restarted MP).

I've attached logs with the TV as both Primary and Secondary (the problem persisted in both of these tests). I also grabbed the following two screenshots of MP's stats when LiveTV had just started and after about 10 seconds, when it was slightly better. I notice the second shows the framerate as 35fps, instead of the usual 50fps (the first is even worse at 11fps!)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    As the first trouble shooting step you should use 50 Hz on both displays. PAL material cannot be player with 60 Hz or 85 Hz smoothly.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    As the first trouble shooting step you should use 50 Hz on both displays. PAL material cannot be player with 60 Hz or 85 Hz smoothly.

++1

One user has reported that using the modified dshowhelper dll's with 'DWM' mode enabled help with the dual-screen problems (follow the link in my sig below - the recent 'part_DWM' versions are the ones to try e.g. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/749721-post1124.html).

Tony

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country

I'd love to but my TV only supports 60hz, which works fine in single display mode (it's quite rare I notice a juddery pan). I don't use MP on my monitor, which is what runs at 85hz.

++1

One user has reported that using the modified dshowhelper dll's with 'DWM' mode enabled help with the dual-screen problems (follow the link in my sig below - the recent 'part_DWM' versions are the ones to try e.g. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/749721-post1124.html).

Tony

Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I booted my PC today, which started in Monitor Primary, TV Secondary mode and first MP loaded on my monitor, so I closed it and changed the config to open on my TV.

It ran OK, showing around 49fps and what looks like a reverse sawtooth to the one I see in single-screen mode.

I then tried disabling Aero, as I saw that someone had reported that had helped with dual-screen. I didn't notice any difference.

Then I tried the dshowhelper_v0084_part_DWM.zip (still with Aero disabled). When I started LiveTV it was extremely jerky, but I've seen this happen with the normal dshowhelper anyway.

This is after it settled down

I've attached logs from the last attempt, with the modified dshowhelper and Aero disabled.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I think I've confirmed that it works OK in dual-screen with Aero enabled now. It only has problems when I display the stats in dual-screen (this doesn't happen in single-screen), so someone might want to look into that. Otherwise you can mark this as "no bug".

EDIT: Meant to say I'm using 1.2 Final now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom