DVB-C Tuner Cards Available (1 Viewer)

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have the Terratec DVB-C PCI HD, but since 2010 there are no new drivers because Terratec has no support anymore for this card.

So I have decided to check if I can get a newer product, but Terratec does not sell any DVB-C cards anymore.
    KNC1 has also only DVB-S and DVB-T tuners...

Whats going on here?
    Why are alle manufactors selling no DVB-C cards anymore?

Does anyone know a good DVB-C card who are buyable and is currently in support for new drivers etc?
    And of course works good in MediaPortal ;-)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

I have the Terratec DVB-C PCI HD, but since 2010 there are no new drivers because Terratec has no support anymore for this card.
    Is there something wrong with this situation? New drivers aren't required unless there are bugs in the current driver, or the current driver does not work on new operating systems. AFAIK there are no bugs in that driver, so no reason to release a new version. If it were me I would keep the card.

...but Terratec does not sell any DVB-C cards anymore.
    Like most vendors, they sell tuners that are capable of both DVB-C and DVB-T. For example, the TerraTec H7 and Cinergy HTC Stick HD.

KNC1 has also only DVB-S and DVB-T tuners...
    Ummm, what about the TV-Station DVB-C listed on their website?

Why are alle manufactors selling no DVB-C cards anymore?
    TerraTec and KNC are only two. You could check Digital Devices, TBS, DVBSky, TechnoTrend, TeVii... and the list goes on. All have DVB-C and/or combined DVB-C + DVB-T tuners available. Some even support DVB-T2 and/or DVB-C2.

Regards,
    mm

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello

Is there something wrong with this situation? New drivers aren't required unless there are bugs in the current driver, or the current driver does not work on new operating systems. AFAIK there are no bugs in that driver, so no reason to release a new version. If it were me I would keep the card.

You're right, but optimizations and performance etc.. are always welcome.
    So a new product who is supported gets always the better optimizations and drivers ;-)

Like most vendors, they sell tuners that are capable of both DVB-C and DVB-T. For example, the TerraTec H7 and Cinergy HTC Stick HD.

Ok sorry, I forgot to write PCI cards not extern :)

Ummm, what about the TV-Station DVB-C listed on their website?

Yes listed, but not available anymore. See the website ;-)
    In the shop it is not listed anymore and on the product page I see a big red info "Not available anymore"

TerraTec and KNC are only two. You could check Digital Devices, TBS, DVBSky, TechnoTrend, TeVii... and the list goes on. All have DVB-C and/or combined DVB-C + DVB-T tuners available. Some even support DVB-T2 and/or DVB-C2.

Thanks I will check this companies.
    I only knewed KNC and Terratec.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You're right, but optimizations and performance etc.. are always welcome.
    So a new product who is supported gets always the better optimizations and drivers ;-)
    Drivers can only do so much for optimisation. Once the limit is reached, only new/different hardware could make a difference.
    The Cinergy/Mantis drivers are very mature. I'd be surprised if there were any further optimisation that could be done.

Ok sorry, I forgot to write PCI cards not extern :)
    Well, if you're looking for PCI then you will only find few cards these days, and probably very few better than your Cinergy. PCI is almost dead; 99% of new internal tuner cards are PCIe.

Yes listed, but not available anymore. See the website ;-)
    In the shop it is not listed anymore and on the product page I see a big red info "Not available anymore"
    Ahhh, I see. Yes - sorry, I missed that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom