DVB/MPEG4 support (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi all!

I haven´t found any similar posts in this forum.

In the next future some TV broadcasters spoke about switching to MPEG4 instead of MPEG2, especially to transmit HDTV channels.

These new MPEG4 services are not only reserved to DVB-S, also french payTV over DVB-T starting in the next months will transmiot in MPEG4.

As I know, this means only that video is encoded in MPEG4/H264 format as part of normal MPEG2-TS packets.

Is Mediaportal prepared to support MPEG4/H264 video tranmitted in MPEG2 TS?

If not, what is to do?

Regards and thanky in advance

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This post has been moved to Feature requests....questions to developers about adding new support is called a "Feature Request"

I found an interesting sample file i cannot get working with any media player application...lemme know if u can get this file working with *anything* !

the desciption given is :

SKY HDTV Promo in 720p / MPEG4 H.264/AVC (MPEG transport stream) received from Astra 19.2East - 11436 V 22000 5/6 on 09.09.2004 just before the start of the IBC in Amsterdam (size 50Mb)

i found the sample here :

http://www.giusberto.ch/hdtv/

as to when support comes for this..im not sure..it all depends on how much it can be tested by the developers..and if such a service is available to them

promike

Portal Member
    June 10, 2005
    Germany
    SiLenTYL said:
    I found an interesting sample file i cannot get working with any media player application...lemme know if u can get this file working with *anything* !

http://www.giusberto.ch/hdtv/

try videolan client. It looks great but with a few errors and the last part hangs (the woman in the library) probably a performance issue.

mplayer should do it as well but it crashed on my PC.

Regarding the performance: I tested it with an Athlon64@2.41GHz (3800+)

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom