DVB Open-Source code available (1 Viewer)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    BTW

I copied the DLL's here...
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\windows

I can see the plugin through configuration.exe however when i click setup it crashes...

DMAN

bionicdonkey

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Sydney :: Australia
    Sorry i was in a bit of a rush, i should have explained things a bit.

The GUIDTV dll get's placed in the plugins\windows (where plugins is in the medial portal base directory). The provided DShowNET dll replaces the one in the base directory.

To be able to compile the GUIDTV source, you will need to update the DShowNET source aswell. Simply add the two source files in the dshownet rar to the DShowNET project and the build the project.

To build the GUIDTV project you will probably need to add it to the medial portal solution as it depends on other projects within the solution. Once you compile GUIDTV, you will need to manually copy the dll to the plugins\windows directory. You'll also need the Interop.TunerLib.dll in the MP base directory.

You will need to setup the plugin before it can be used. In the plugin setup , select the card you wish to use and also select the network type used in your location.

Once setup, launch the plugin for the menu list in MP and open graphedit. (if you don't have graphedit, get it :)). From the file menu in graphedit, select 'Connect to remote graph...'. In the dialog box, select the graph and click ok. when you have finished, select 'disconnect from remote graph' and exit graphedit.

Hope that clears a few things up.

Regards,
    Josh

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi mate,

When I try to compile GUDTV I get the following error...

Preparing resources...
    Updating references...
    Performing main compilation...
    C:\mediaportal\GUIDTV\FilterManager.cs(289,94): error CS0103: The name 'tmpObject' does not exist in the class or namespace 'GUIDTV.FilterManager'
    C:\mediaportal\GUIDTV\FilterManager.cs(293,36): error CS0103: The name 'tmpObject' does not exist in the class or namespace 'GUIDTV.FilterManager'
    C:\mediaportal\GUIDTV\FilterManager.cs(294,4): error CS0103: The name 'tmpObject' does not exist in the class or namespace 'GUIDTV.FilterManager'
    C:\mediaportal\GUIDTV\FilterManager.cs(311,94): error CS0103: The name 'tmpObject' does not exist in the class or namespace 'GUIDTV.FilterManager'
    C:\mediaportal\GUIDTV\FilterManager.cs(315,36): error CS0103: The name 'tmpObject' does not exist in the class or namespace 'GUIDTV.FilterManager'
    C:\mediaportal\GUIDTV\FilterManager.cs(316,4): error CS0103: The name 'tmpObject' does not exist in the class or namespace 'GUIDTV.FilterManager'

Build complete -- 6 errors, 0 warnings
    Building satellite assemblies...
    Satellite assemblies could not be built because the main project output is missing.

And when I try to subsequently run the plugin that also crashes as well...

DMAN.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Figured it out, you had 'return true;' too early... after the Audio Decoder... well i think so anyway so I removed it and it compiled correctly.
    However to no effect as the plugin still crashes when I try to set it up using configuration.exe.

Error...

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at GUIDTV.FormDTVSetup.findDevices()
    at GUIDTV.FormDTVSetup..ctor()
    at GUIDTV.GUIDTVSetup.ShowPlugin()
    at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.Plugins.setupButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

DMAN

bionicdonkey

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Sydney :: Australia
    dman_lfc said:
    Figured it out, you had 'return true;' too early... after the Audio Decoder... well i think so anyway so I removed it and it compiled correctly.
    However to no effect as the plugin still crashes when I try to set it up using configuration.exe.

Error...

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at GUIDTV.FormDTVSetup.findDevices()
    at GUIDTV.FormDTVSetup..ctor()
    at GUIDTV.GUIDTVSetup.ShowPlugin()
    at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.Plugins.setupButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

DMAN

the return true needs to be there. you jest needed to add 'object tmpObject = null;' at the top of the function.

anyway here's some updated code that'll fix that.
    http://home.exetel.com.au/bionicdonkey/GUIDTV.200410230809.rar

This is a non fatal problem with this though. When you run the plugn from the menu list in MP, there will be an error caused by the SetClippingWindow thing. This is because i haven't figure out how to do the graphical stuff yet. that bit of code can be commented out if needed. When the error box comes up, just click continue.

dman, did you card get recognised in setup when/if you tried the binary?

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    keep on going guys!
    i'm really interested in this and would like to see it working
    i'm away from 23 oct-8nov, so you got 3 weeks to get it to work:)

edit:
    Just took a quick look at the sources and i'm impressed!!!
    It seems you really know what you are doing. We could really
    really use a guy like you, since you're one of the few ppl out there
    who understands DirectShow.

I really hope you are gonna continue this and maybe help us
    with other directshow things as well :)
    If you have trouble integrating it in MediaPortal,
    then I can do that for you after my vacation

btw Did you look @ tvcapture/igraph.cs ?
    That interface is used by MP to control capture cards and do things
    like timeshifting, recording, viewing,....
    Currently there are 2 implementations, one for HW encoding cards like the hauppauge PVR family and one for S/W encoding cards.

if you implement that interface for DVB cards then integration with
    MP is very easy.
    Only thing we need to look at is the special tuning DVB requires.
    so maybe we need to come up with a ITuning interface as well
    which can be specialized for each tuning type
    besides that offcourse the setup needs some rework for DVB, but thats for later now

Frodo

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Bionicdonkey,

The new code when compiled still does not allow me to 'setup' the DTV plugin within configuration.exe...
    DTVTest1.JPG

I still get the error message...

DTVTest2.JPG

And if I click on continue it does nothing so I cannot select my DVB-T card.

If I run MediaPortal I obviosuly get the following three error messages as a result when selecting MyDTV...

Failed to connect Sections & Tables filter to Demux.
    Failed to connect Video Decoder to Demux.
    Failed to connect Audio Decoder to Demux.

Following those error prompts I then get this...

DTVTest3.JPG

Clicking on 'continue' allows me to progress and then use Graphedit to check the connections.

As expected the filters you've slected in filtermanager.cs don't connect to anything because I cannot choose my card in the plugin setup.

DTVTest4.JPG

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Josh,

DVB-T and Yes definately BDA drivers.
    The card can be used in MCE2005 & Showshifter.

I have two cards with the SAA7134 chipset by Philips. Both drivers are based on the Europa BDA drivers. Info can be found here...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d..._572a4035-fac4-4505-8757-bd7fe8940d07.xml.asp

And here is what the filter layout should look like...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d..._16e34e9b-7b5d-41a6-b93f-30d73404a346.xml.asp

If I do this in graph edit then I can manually tune DVB channels and play the graph to see the results.

DMAN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom