[solved] (DVB-S) EPG works with one exception (sole channel) (1 Viewer)

StarWup

Portal Pro
April 7, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

my Mediaportal 1.10 and EPG via DVB-S runs fine with the exception of: for the channel Einsfestival HD no EPG is shown in the TV-guide.

The settings in the EPG-Menü appear right to me (see first screenshot) and the channel is also marked as "Grab for..." in the list of TV channels. (see second screenshot).

I looked for the logfiles and it appeared to me that EPG-information is grabbed for the channel called ARD Einsfestival HD. The channel originally was called Einsfestival HD without the "ARD". So I assumed the grabbed EPG-information could not be mapped to the channel because of a non-fitting name. But renaming the channel from Einsfestival HD to ARD Einsfestival HD didn't help either.
I created the logfiles and uploaded them as attched. Can anyone give me a hint why there's no EPG for this channel?

Regards
Jens

Attachments

• EPG-settings.png
    EPG-settings.png
    36.2 KB
  • EPG-channels.png
    EPG-channels.png
    84.5 KB

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
So I assumed the grabbed EPG-information could not be mapped to the channel because of a non-fitting name
EPG grabber does not care about channel names, it uses combination NIT:confused:ID:TSID. And i don't see any EPG entries coming for Festival channel having that combination set to 0x01:0x641:0x2888. I will check it tonight (as i can receive 1Festival and can check what EPG entries i get).

P.S. You will see this information in TVService.log.

P.P.S acc. to http://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-1KR-1L-1M-1N.html EinsFestival HD has 0x01:0x40F:0x2888, and in your logs i see that EPG comes for this combination. BUT: your channel Festival HD has different parameters (0x01:0x641:0x2888). No idea how it can tune to that channel, but i would suggest either to set manually these parameters for appropriate tuningDetails in SQL DB, or just delete this channel and rescan again (transponder #39 with params 11053 H 22000 2/3 8PSK would be enough though).

StarWup

Portal Pro
April 7, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thank you for your reply!
I deleted the channel from the channel list in TvServer Configuration. After that I ran a "Scan for channels" with the advanced tuning options you mentioned (11053000 khZ Horiz., symbol rate 22000, FEC 2/3, 8PSK) but received no results ("Total tv channels new:0 updated:0").
I can however delete the channel and add it manually with exactly the same data. The channel will work after that but still no EPG.

I would try to delete or adjust it from the SQL DB manually if you tell how to do this?

StarWup

Portal Pro
April 7, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thank you! Deleting all channels and re-scanning the satellite worked fine! I now have all channels with EPG.
For me this was best practice in this case. It would have been less destructive to "repair" the failing EPG-channel but for me it would have been much more time consuming to install a SQL GUI client and adjust the settings for the channel. Anyone who's more experienced with the SQL GUI than me may find that way more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom