DVB-T HD channels require's TV Server? (1 Viewer)

imxuk

March 30, 2007
First off...apologies for cross posting, although it occured to me this might be in the wrong forum; or more someone from this may be able to answer me :)

#######

Hey,

Do i need to be running the TV server etc to use BBC HD via freeview?

I played around with the TVserver for a bit, and i know i can receive it and display it using the CoreAVC codec...however it was too buggy for my liking

However, just using the standard version of media portal, it doesnt seem to detect BBC HD when i scan?

Can anyone provide me the details to add it manually; if this is possible?

Cheers,

iMxUK

imxuk

March 30, 2007
Sure you can, BBC HD; just have to be near the Crystal Palace transmitter. Its running as a trial i believe :)

Dadane

Portal Member
January 3, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
They ran some tests of HD in Denmark too. I didn't have a DVB card at the time, - but one of my friends did. And that worked as well (with team-mediaportal).

It was before the TVServer, - so I guess it would still work without. But I don't know for sure.

kamrat

Portal Pro
May 24, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
As I understand it it all depends on the format of the HD-transmissions. If they are MPEG4 (h.264) as in the case of SVT HD in Sweden and BBC HD (I think) it wont work with the old engine. MPEG2 transmissions should work accordning to our friends down under.
I have not tried recieving h.264-HD using the new server-engine but it should work in theory as far as I understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom