DVB-T Tv Card gets no freeview channels ??? (1 Viewer)

elkabyle

Portal Member
October 19, 2005
Hi,

I bought a dvb-T tv card thinking I would get freeview channels. I actually get some digital channels, but they're not part of the freeview list (I have sky news, e4+, uk history and a bunch of other crappy channels).
Any idea why I can't get freeview channels with my card (avermedia Hybrid+FM cardbus).

Thanks

elkabyle

Portal Member
October 19, 2005
Actually I was wrong !!
I just checked freeview website and the channels I have are part of the freeview package.
The only problem is I don't get all the freeview channels with my card... could it be because of my antenna? I'm using an indoor (crappy I guess antenna).
Anybody experienced the same issue?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    elkabyle said:
    could it be because of my antenna? I'm using an indoor
    Almost certainly due to your indoor antenna - DVB-T requires a good signal, otherwise you will get nothing at all. I assume that you cannot view these "missing" channels with the Avermedia TV application either?

elkabyle

Portal Member
    October 19, 2005
    Taipan said:
    elkabyle said:
    could it be because of my antenna? I'm using an indoor
    Almost certainly due to your indoor antenna - DVB-T requires a good signal, otherwise you will get nothing at all. I assume that you cannot view these "missing" channels with the Avermedia TV application either?

Well so far I was unable to use my tv-card with mediaPortal... will have to look into this problem soon.
    So yes I was unable to view the missing freeview channels with the avermedia tv application.
    I will try my outdoor antenna to see if it's better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom