DVB-T2 with CI slot, what works with current MP versions? (1 Viewer)

stounedi

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Hello!

I am looking for a DVB-T2 & T tuner with CI slot. CI functionality is important to me, because I have been using Mediaportal with my pay channels too, but now I need to change for T2 tuners because my operators change signal from DVB-T to DVB-T2.

I have been looking at the "Supported TV-Cards" list, but most models seem old DVB-T cards or other old cards I cant seem to find anywhere anymore.

Does anyone have experience about working DVB-T2 + CI card? I dont care if it's PCIe or USB, both are fine for me.

I have been looking at these products because Mystique is mentioned as supported, but the model in list isnt available anymore...
Mystique TeCaBiX-T2C Xpress CI, PCIe
http://www.dvbshop.net/Mystique-TeCaBiX-T2C-Xpress-CI-PCIe-MCE-Linux-HDTV

Mystique TeCaBiX-T2C USB CI
http://www.dvbshop.net/Mystique-TeCaBiX-T2C-USB-CI-MCE-Linux-HDTV

Thank you so much for any help or experiences!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Just one final confirmation. It shouldn't matter if the tuner is PCI(e) or USB?

I am now thinking about waiting a while, then getting DVBSky model T680C USB and updating to MP2

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just one final confirmation. It shouldn't matter if the tuner is PCI(e) or USB?
    My personal opinion is that it doesn't matter. However, some people think USB is less reliable. For example, I've seen reports of Windows "randomly" changing the identifier of USB tuners (which means the tuner has to be reconfigured in TV Server).

I am now thinking about DVBSky model T680C USB and updating to MP2
    Just keep in mind that Native TV for MP2 is "pre-alpha". That means potential for lots of bugs. Don't assume it will be reliable as MP 1 TV Server (TVE 3).

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    I am now thinking about DVBSky model T680C USB and updating to MP2
    Just keep in mind that Native TV for MP2 is "pre-alpha". That means potential for lots of bugs. Don't assume it will be reliable as MP 1 TV Server (TVE 3).
    Of course. That's why I'm waiting a while before changing :) (Seems I edited my message while you were replying).

USB tuners have not been a problem for me, I have 3x AnySee USB tuners. The identifiers have changed only if I have removed the tuners and plugged them into different USB ports.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    One more question: Hauppauge Colossus & HD PVR products are still going to be supported in TVE3.5?
    Intention is to continue to support them, yes. In fact, that code has been completely rewritten to try to support all capture cards (and even webcams, soundcards etc.). AFAIK nobody has yet tested an HD PVR or Colossus with TVE 3.5, and with the code rewriting it is possible that support may be broken in the current release of Native TV. If that is the case, I want to know about it so I can fix it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom