dvbs radio crashing with skystar2 (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: Bleazle
Windows Version: MCE2005 (all updates and patches)
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
HDD: 320 gig sata
Memory:2x512mb Crucial
Motherboard:MSI K8NGM2
Video Card: XFX GeFORCE 8800gt Alphadog
Video Card Driver: Nvidia 6.14.11.8048
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek HD
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5657
1. TV Card: Technisat Skystar2
1. TV Card Type: DVBS
1. TV Card Driver: Technisat 4.4.3.0 (BDA)
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia vidio decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA decoder filter
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264/AVC decoder (PDVD8)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Freesat
HTPC Case: Antec
Cooling: Stock
Power Supply: 500W
Remote: Microsoft MCE
TV: Philips 42" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection:HDMI (720p)

Hi,
I asked in the 'general' forum a few days ago if anyone could confirm if a skystar2 works for dvbs radio, I got no reply despite bumping it so I assume I'm the only one trying to do this and that the problem is a bug..

In tv server config all radio channels appear to be scanned correctly, However if I highlight a channel and select 'preview' I get a runtime error -this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way- config then crashes, MP also hangs if I try to select a radio channel, Tv works fine.
I'm not sure which logs to submit, would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Cheers.

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
I've deleted tv.log, ran config and tried to preview BBC radio 2....new log is attached, Could the problem be the 'descriptor lengths dont match' error ??....anyone please 'cos this is driving me crazy!

Thanks

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
"Descriptor lengths do not match" may be a red herring... that message has been showing up for a long time on many different systems... I'm not sure why.

The TV.log you have submitted tells most of the story:
1. The tuning details you have for BBC R2 are correct
2. Your DVB-S card is able to tune in and lock on to the signal

The problem seems to start when the SetupTV application actually tries to render (play) the stream by doing a "Run Graph".

What I would suggest is that you launch mediaportal in debug mode, try to play some radio, quit mediaportal and attach the complete set of logs that are generated by the tool. The main reason for this is that it should include information about with Directshow filters (codecs) you have installed. I suspect that you problem is caused by one of your filters/codecs.

Mark

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Hi,
Thanks for the help...
I've gone back to using blue 3 while gathering the logs, selected radio on main screen mp then hangs and I have to kill it.
Logs attached,

Thanks again.

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
Thanks for posting your logs. Unfortunately it seems that the reporting tool no longer includes information about the directshow filters that I was hoping would reveal the cause of the problem...

Can I ask, have you installed any codec packs/ffdshow/divx/xvid etc?

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Hi,again,

I never use codec packs, the only extras I've added are:- Nvidia purevideo, PDVD 8 for HD channels, Xvid and AC3 for video playback.

TV channels work fine....Would'nt these also be affected if there was a codec problem ?. I may be wrong but the runtime error in my first post sounds like a programming fault to me.
I'm sure that radio works if I drop back to the 'old' tv plugin, but it's been a while so I need to confirm that.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom