Dvd-Audio support? (1 Viewer)

frankpc

May 14, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Easiest way is to just rip them to FLAC. I have extracted the MLP and added this to an mka file but this requires you to change the music player from BASS to directshow. I am not sure there is a way of playing them directly (although they may just play as videos? )

I don't know a lot about DVD-Audio. I am just getting into this. I do know that the ripped AUDIO_TS files sound amazing. With foobar2000, you can double-click AUDIO_TS.IFO and by doing so, the tracks will play while still in their original .AOB format. -- No conversion to FLAC required.

However, that is as difficult and clumsy to do as it sounds. I am hoping to find media server software that handles that process from a nice GUI.

Thank you for your consideration. I will go to the link included above.[DOUBLEPOST=1368579208][/DOUBLEPOST]
can you provide an sample of your dvd audio ?
can help for dev ;)

Here is the link I found that allows you to download a three track set of DVD-A as an ISO. They call this a sample for you to appreciate the quality of the albums they sell. I extracted the files from the iso and those are the ones I played by using foobar playing the ifo. I can tell you that they sound nice. Full resolution of six channel 24/96. Tempts me to purchase a DVD-A player and some DVD-A disks. However, it seems the player isn't necessary. I know there is a good reason why media player software doesn't seem to include playback capability for DVD-Audio. But haven't read what the reason is.

http://www.sacdlab.cn/index.php/download There are two sets of three tracks to choose between. And it could be that you will need to register with the site in order for this link to work. But at least the www.sacdlab.cn will work prior to registering.

Thank you for your time and for giving this subject some thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom