Wales Wales
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1.0
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
    Windows Version: Windows 7 X64 7068
    CPU Type: AMD Phenom X4 9950
    HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar 320GB & 1X 1TB WDC
    Memory: Corsair Dominator DDR2 4GB
    Motherboard: ASUS M3N78-PRO
    Video Card: Onboard DXVA Graphics (Nvidia 8300)
    Video Card Driver: Latest
    Sound Card: Onboard HDMI audio
    Sound Card AC3: HDMI Out
    Sound Card Driver: Latest
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD9
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Spdifier
    h.264 Video Codec: MPC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Sky Digital (UK)
    Cooling: All stock air cooling atm.
    Power Supply: Antec TruPower 2.0 550W
    TV: Hitachi 50" Plazma (1080p)
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI through AV receiver (Onkyo 705)

Hey. I'm having a strange problem with DVD playback. Actually, I've had it for ages but not bothered doing anything about it until now, as I've just been playing DVDs quite happily in PDVD9. Now, to improve the WAF, I'm gonna give it a try in MP.

I had this issue back on MP 1.0, through all the SVN versions I tried, and it's still here on 1.0.1.0

Basically, when I select "Play DVD" from the main menu it just freezes mediaportal completely, and I have to end-task to get out of it. I did, however, take a peek at the graph in GraphEdit before I quit, and it seems to have been constructed perfectly, so I don't think that's the issue. I've posted my logs so hope someone can help me out here. :confused:

DVDGraph1.png

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Ok but I get the same error in XP. The graph comes up the same and the same thing happens.

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Did I post this in the wrong section or something? Can anyone just confirm weather this is a common issue? Maybe take a look at my logs and let me know if there's anything helpful in there? Thanks.

solstars

Portal Member
    March 26, 2009
    Denver
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm sure if you can recreate the problem in XP then someone will help you. Windows 7 is not supported by MP (yet), so that's why no responses. I personally am using the last SVN under XP with PowerDVD 9 code and do not have this problem.

Based on this log entry: DVDPlayer:Unable to get dvdvolumeinfo 0x80040276

I would say wither your ROM drive is flaky or the codec your using will not work with MP. I would get this error with blu-ray when my codec was not updated for the newer title I was trying to play,

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I'm using PDVD9 as the codec for DVD playback within MP, and have MP 1.0.1 (not SVN). The wierd thing is that DVD still works perfectly in PDVD9 application, including DXVA support. I had this problem with PDVD8 and 7.3 aswell. I'll try to recreate the problem on XP. I don't think this is an OS problem, though, so it seems a bit pointless to me. I'm not even using the Microsoft DTV-DVD codecs!

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does it play if you use a plain vanilla codec setup e.g. DVD Navigator + MPV + MPA ?

If you rip a DVD to the hard drive (as files, not an ISO) , does it play from there ? (just go into 'My Videos' and select the 'VIDEO_TS.IFO' file to play it)

Tony

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I don't have MPV or MPA as options (I use the Shark007 codec pack) but I've tried the vanilla DVD Navigator, and it makes no difference (although it is definitely being used as it shows up in the graph).

I can get DVDs working in both PowerDVD and VLC, but neither of these are viewable through GraphEdit's "Connect to remote graph". DVDs also work in Windows Media Player, but again, no graph available. Very strange.

I've also tried using the Cyberlink PowerDVD audio decoder instead of Spdifier but that didn't work.

:(

Can someone tell me what "external players" are in a MP context, and how I would set one up? If I can't get the internal DVD player working I'm gonna setup PowerDVD as one, if they are what I think they are.

:sorry:

EDIT: Never mind that, I've just discovered it. I've got PowerDVD set up as an external player for DVDs now, but it seems like a messy solution and I'd like to get the internal player working asap. At least I've got a solution for now though, and it works for my Blurays too!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom