[Rejected] DVD Profiler - Configuration Update (1 Viewer)

cyberfix

Portal Member
January 16, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Purpose:
I have been a long time Media Portal user and have always kept my movie lists up-to-date with DVD Profiler. The included DVD Profiler import has only basic functionality and was never of much use for me. I modified the Configuration.exe program to include a new tab in the Movie->Database section for "DVD Profiler Import"

There are 3 self-explanatory checkbox options. It will let you import old and new profiles and their images. If you put the movie paths in the notes section of DVD Profiler, it will use those paths for Media Portal too. This was from me switching from Windows Media Center to MP several years ago as I was using the My Movies plugin. It would import DVD Profiler with the movie paths entered as shown in the images below.

There is a button to cancel the import, reset the database, or import. It will prompt you for the image path if it can't find DVD Profiler on the system.

It gets old adding these changes for every release, so I hope this is good enough to include permanently.

Source Code Changes:
All code is stand-alone and did not change any of the actual code within MP. I updated the code to add the CANCEL button and take care of some layout issues.

I am attaching a patch file against SVN 26596 and a separate ZIP file with the configuration.exe compiled with the changes in case anybody wants to try them.

Let me know what else I can do to get this included and feel free to rework it if it is not good enough.

NOTE:
MyMovies Assistant can help add the movie path information to DVD Profiler XML files. Here is my old thread on it:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/profler2mp-filestack-patch-mymovies-assistant-dvd-profiler-mediaportal-27961/

I have an updated version of MyMovies Assistant that handles multiple paths that I will post as soon as I get time to update the thread above.

Thanks,
cyberfix

Attachments

• MPConfig1.jpg
    MPConfig1.jpg
    62.4 KB
  • MPConfig2.jpg
    MPConfig2.jpg
    66.5 KB
  • MPConfig3.jpg
    MPConfig3.jpg
    66.2 KB
  • scary.jpg
    scary.jpg
    104 KB
  • southpark.jpg
    southpark.jpg
    108 KB
  • DVDProfiler(SVN 26596).patch
    346.7 KB
  • Configuration Files.zip
    1.2 MB

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi Cyberfix, as I now how it works and that code is safe, I will take this into consideration for movie importers section (right now it's only in draft stage) in configuration where idea is to put importers for popular movie catalog programs. It will be good if you can keep up this patch with current SVNs so that can be easily test in near future.
    :D

cyberfix

Portal Member
    January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Cyberfix, as I now how it works and that code is safe, I will take this into consideration for movie importers section (right now it's only in draft stage) in configuration where idea is to put importers for popular movie catalog programs. It will be good if you can keep up this patch with current SVNs so that can be easily test in near future.
    :D

Hey Deda! Thanks for commenting. I would really appreciate it if you could add it to the planned section as there is already a button within MP (I think) that had basic DVD Profiler support or there used to be. It would be great to have this tested and expanded patch added.

Do you have any time frame on when you will work on the importer section? I am very excited to see it move forward. Let me know if I need to do anything else with this. Thanks.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    After speaking with Arion, we suggest to make this a standalone application or a plugin.

Simone

cyberfix

Portal Member
    January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    After speaking with Arion, we suggest to make this a standalone application or a plugin.

Simone

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Unless it was removed recently, the current configuration program already has a DVD Profiler import feature under the Video Database -> Editor tab. It is in the lower right. Can my code simply be put in place of that as I handle multiple versions, actors and do more than the included version?

If not, is there somebody that can help make this a standalone application or plugin? I am not a coder by trade and have never developed a plugin.

I originally had it as a standalone application, but then nobody wants to use it because of that. Plus, I ran into issues getting it to work with newer builds as I was still using the configuration framework as I did not know how to make it truly stand alone.

Lastly, the whole purpose of this code was to allow the internal video database to be usable to more people without having to use plugins and other programs. It allows people like myself to use all features of MP without the need of extra software. Since it uses the internal database to allow users a means of importing their movie list, it seems to fit in with supporting the current design of MP video section.

If you would reconsider, I will do what ever I can to help out. I have had limited time recently due to Christmas Show setup and travel for work, but I will help if possible.

Thanks,
    cyberfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom