DVDs with random episodes (1 Viewer)

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've got a problem. I have several looney tunes dvds (spotlight and golden collection), and they are just random episodes, not by season. My question is what is the best way to import those videos into MyTV-Series? I went to http://tvdb.zsori.com/ and they have it listed, but the show has 26 different seasons and i dont really feel like going through each one finding the eps so i can name them Looney tunes - SeasonxEP - Title. Any suggestions?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Can you give me an example of how they are named? Perhaps we can find a regex that will work, but if season/episode numbers are nowhere in them than it will be tough.

keith2045

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2006
    Missouri
    Home Country
    I've got them named Show - Title (they are in a folder as vobs). They do have season and episode numbers, but the dvd's contain just random episodes, not just from a season. For example i have looney tunes dvds, they contain just random episodes. I could find what season and episode they are, but on that site it has listed 26 seasons for that show, just seems like a waste of time.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I dont understand, you say they are named "Show - Title" and then "They do have season and episode numbers"? So which is it? If they do have these numbers somewhere in the FILENAME (doesn't matter if they are randomly mixed from 26 seasons) then its just a matter of specifiying a regex that will work. They are not retail dvd's are they, because then it won't work?

Please give a concrete example or I won't be able to help you.

keith2045

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2006
    Missouri
    Home Country
    Ok for example i have them named as:
    Looney Tunes - Bad Ol Putty Tat
    Looney Tunes - Show Biz Bugs
    etc...

When i go to http://tvdb.zsori.com and search for looney tunes it finds it but it has 49 seasons ( i said 26 earlier i was wrong). So i could go and find Bad Ol Putty Tat and put the season and episode number but i dont want to search 49 seasons to do that. Plus i dont have that many episodes so i might have 1 from season 45, 25,34, then 2 from 13,15, etc. I'm just looking for the best way to import these videos.

Hope this makes sense

Kurtis

Portal Member
    April 17, 2007
    Home Country
    I, too, would like this feature added. I have several kids shows (like The Wonder Pets and VeggieTales) that my two year old son watches, and it'd be nice to be able to have them listed as episodes of that series without season or episode number.

Additionally, it would be nice to have a "manual" add for series that we just want to do differently than the online database. For instance, each Wonder Pets episode is exactly two ten minute episodes stuck back to back. I separate them out when I record them, and it would be nice to manually add them to "The Wonder Pets" TV series in the My TV Series database in the way I like, rather than the way they are broadcasted.

I'm willing to do the grunt work... where's the source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom