DVICO Fusion HDTV DVB-T Dual - give up? (1 Viewer)

AKALuke

Portal Member
June 6, 2006
New user. New to both MediaPortal and TV tuner cards.
IT literate.

I've got a nice shiny new DVICO HDTV DVB-T Dual card and I've downloaded and installed MediaPortal.

I'm in a quandary.

After several days trying to get the two working together I'm having endless problems and I seem to take one step forward and one step back. I don't think I'm really getting anywhere. The problems I have seem to change as I make changes to try to get it all working.

- - Different "create graphs" and "autotune" results depending on which Video Codec I choose
- - Sometimes get 'Unable to create graph' on one of the tuners
- - Sometimes don't get 'Unable to create graph' but nothing detected during auto tune
- - Sometimes get stuff detected during auto-tune but the TV Channels and TV Card tabs in the MediaPortal Setup seem inconsistant
- - Get 'all tuners busy' when trying to record one channel and watch another
- - Difficulty understanding the result from autotune
- - Difficulty understanding the TV Channels and TV Card tabs in the MediaPortal Setup
- - Slow channel changes
- - No Signal at times
- - Hangs
- - Crashes

I've found a few mentions of the card in the forums but nothing that says "do this to get it working" or even "I got this working".

I'm not sure how much I can expect of the developers and support people.

If I do manage to get it all up and going - I'd be happy to give back to the project by writing general documentation or assisting other users with the same card.

Should I persevere and start creating posts in the support forum or just give up.
So...give up on MediaPortal or persevere?

Luke.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    AKALuke said:
    So...give up on MediaPortal or persevere?
    Hi Luke, and welcome to MediaPortal. And please persevere - we will help you to get it to work. I have a single Dvico DVB card and it works "like a charm"..... so I am sure we can get yours to work... :)

Could you start by posting the Support Template and your MediaPortal.log file from a failed example....this should give us some clues as to what is wrong...

AKALuke

Portal Member
    June 6, 2006
    Hi Taipan
    Yep, I'm persevering.
    I discussed my issue with Daniel on IRC who pointed me to this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=13996

After updating the files as detailed in the thread...

I can now record 1 channel and watch another or record 2 different channels.

So far so good.

I've got other more minor issues (the format tags are not padding with a leading 0 for dates for example) - but I'll continue to play and post a support request if I need one.

Woohoo!

Luke.

Abraxsus

Portal Member
    July 11, 2005
    Hey AKALuke,

I feel your pain, I have a dual as well, and have had a number of issues, fixing one seemed to create another. Here is the best bit of advice I can offer.

Before you begin, its worth remembering making images at each major stage, you dont want to have to start over once you are 90% there!

1. Clean install
    2. Cyberlink codecs
    3. Install Divco drivers before installing the card

If you install MCE, clean install and update to at least RU2. Apply all the patches if you can.

If you install XP, then yeah, you'll need the files quoted in that linked post after windows updates.

Only install cyberlink codecs (or something stable of choice). Im not ranting about them being the best, just being stable. You can expand on this later.

Install Divco drivers before the card, cant stress this enough.

Use external USB for the bluebird card, reports of internal USB being misswired/not enough power are common, as are having issues with the internal cable itself.

Once you have done all this, check what codec is being used by the MS tool (can be downloaded for free from MS).

Lastly install MP and hope for success!

Im sure most if not all of this you already know, but hey, if its not in a post anywhere yet, it is now!

P.S There is a modified carddefinitions.xml file for the dual posted somewhere, I found I needed the changes in that file for me.

Cheers

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hi there

i have a dvico DVB-T HDTV fusion USB2 card and i also dont have enough power to run (yes just the USB2 device seems to not have enough power..very weird huh?)

so i called up dvico and they said they could send me a power adaptor/usb powered cable ..so i said ..sure ...SENT IT!

a few days later it came in the mail and the usb2 device powered up straight away..sweet!

its worked very well ever since..and hope to get a dual tuner card in the not to distant future to replace the single tuner i have now

AKALuke

Portal Member
    June 6, 2006
    Abraxsus said:
    Hey AKALuke,

I feel your pain, I have a dual as well, and have had a number of issues, fixing one seemed to create another. Here is the best bit of advice I can offer.

...snip.....

Cheers

It's good that this stuff is now in this thread. I had to discover most of them through trial and error and searching through the various fourms here!

I think I'm currently running with the default codecs supplied with MP but I've got others to try.

I've already got a few more strange issues but at least the basics are happening.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What other strange issues are you seeing? Anything with audio/video sync?

(BTW, I'm Daniel :p)

AKALuke

Portal Member
    June 6, 2006
    Hi Daniel

Went away for the weekend.

Fortunately MP stayed up for 3 days on my PC and recorded all my schedules!

I did have some audio synch issues early on but I haven't noticed them lately. I've been changing codecs so the problem may have gone away.

I'll let you know if they come back again.

Other strange issues...the usual :)
    Crashes, hangs, picture disappears, picture won't disappear to show GUI, can't XVID compress, sometimes get unable to create graph...

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    AKALuke said:
    Other strange issues...the usual :) Crashes, hangs, picture disappears, picture won't disappear to show GUI, can't XVID compress, sometimes get unable to create graph...
    These are not "usual" - it is possible to get MediaPortal running much better than you describe.... :)

It would help us to help you if you posted the Support Template - we don't even know what version of MediaPortal you are using....

AKALuke

Portal Member
    June 6, 2006
    Hi Taipan

I started another thread regarding the XVID compresson info. The other thread contains the support template.

I thought I'd work through the problems one at a time - starting with the XVID compression issue - so my first real support post is here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=16194

I'll continue to work on the other problems as I get time to recreate and document. Then I'll post them in the support forum and include the support template and other relevent infomation.

FYI:

Area: Media Portal Program
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4$CVS-08.06.2006-20:01:04,25
    (2006-06-08)
    MediaPortal Skin: MCE
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: DScaler Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: NVIDIA Video Decoder
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+
    Memory: 1 GB
    Motherboard: LP NF4 Series (DFI Corp,LTD)
    TV Card Model: DVICO Fusion HDTV DVB-T Dual
    TV Card Type: DVB
    TV Card Driver: 3.30.01
    Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6600 GT BY Tweaksrus (256 MB)
    Video Card Driver: 87.25
    Video Card Resolution: 1280x960
    Video Render Type: Overlay
    Audio Card Model: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
    Audio Card Driver: 5.12.8.1164

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom