DVR -> WMV / DVR Ripper (1 Viewer)

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
I found these two utilites on the Green Button forums and can be found on their download page here

DVR 2 WMV

This program will convert DVR-MS files created by Windows XP Media Center Edition to WMV format. It contains an interface suitable for viewing through TV, one for a computer monitor and a command line version. Although there are some commonly used options that you can change through the TV version many options will have to be set in the version designed for the computer monitor. Once these options are set they will apply to both the computer and TV version of the program.

DVR Ripper

This freeware app will convert DVR-MS files into MPA (MPEG Audio) and MPV (MPEG Video) - or a single MPEG file so you can edit and burn your recorded TV.

Any way either of these could be converted to a plugin or perhaps even implemented right into MP? Why re-invent the wheel right?

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
FlipGer: I'm very aware that MP already has a "Compress" feature......however the wmv files that it outputs are horrendous! ;)

My thought is simply that if there are already working wmv converters out there, why not just implement one of them into MP instead of writing a new one and dealing with the associated growing pains?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom