[OTHER] DXVA Graphics Card? (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have an integrated Intel G41 motherboard and find my machine struggles with 1080p material and some HD live TV..

Would a graphics card fix this or do I need to upgrade my processor? Does a graphics card with DXVA off load all the decoding from my CPU?

I have a 16x PCI Express slot free, if a card is what I need then whats recommended? I'm keen for it to be not over powered as power / temperature / silence is quite important. Or am I completely off the mark?

Thanks!

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Advise ATI?

So the GT430 will accelerate my movie files and HD TV streams in MePo then yes? I'll order one in the morning :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    So I ordered the Asus card today, so now I'm planning drivers and codecs. I've seen the other thread for the drivers to use Tesla drivers, but I'm curious about how the card affects other things. Obviously with my pc borderline in power I had to mess with drivers and finally settled on an older Saf release but I used to use coreavc and had to switch to others, pdvd7 etc, because my pc just couldnt decode HD tv channels otherwise. If this card will power decoding, what will I have to do with codecs? I know its probably a different forum but you guys obviously have this card and setups already in place :)

Also, I see it also does audio Dtshd etc? I use the spdif output of my motherboard as I have a DTS/DD av receiver and hdmi to my tv with the volume turned down on the tv, but the receiver doesn't do HD. Is there anything I can set up here to get the most out the hardware?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

It should be the other forum... :p

If you prefer simplicisty... install the latest SAF...chose passthru (have AV receiver attached), and ensure "HD receiver connected" is "no".

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom